muppet family christmas question

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
I just had a quick question. I recently bought a VHS copy of Muppet Family Christmas and noticed that it's about 5 minutes shorter than the one I grew up with. There are scenes I remember that are missing such as the home video of the muppet babies singing SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN and Fozzie first meeting the snowman. First off, does anyone know why they changed it and where can I find a copy of the original 47 minute version?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Oh you are not imagining - I think this was discussed at great length on the old forum. I think even the original VHS release was cut a bit from the 47 minute TV version - can anyone confirm?

The only way I know you can get the one, true and original special is to find someone with a copy of the original broadcast in the 80s. Even when the special is rerun at Christmas time they now show a chopped version.

No one understands why this was done.

anathema

Reaction score
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK the UK video release is uncut.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
anathema,

Yes the UK release is uncut, But what is AFAIK ?

See ya

beaker

Reaction score
anathema:

man, you have one of the coolest names on the forum!
oh, back to mfc...yeah, on ol skool mc it was discussed to no end...but really, i just saw the mfc dvd and once again i am taken aback how great this is. theeee best muppet special ever(with WDW a close second)

.beaker///HACK

'that ive become the anathema of my soul'-epicentre, vnvnation

anathema

Reaction score
Thanks! This being a family forum, I probably shouldn't post the reason I picked it :smile:

Regarding Xmas specials, I rather liked 'A Christmas Together', and man was that a pain to get hold of!

gymkatarules

Reaction score
MFC (isn't that a Pearl Jam song? Hmm...) is the best. I wish they wouldn't cut stuff up like that, though.

-Chris

P.S.- Pearl Jam's MFC stands for Mini Fast Car, I know, I know. But...what if...?