Muppet Convention

Borples

Reaction score
Ooooo! These ideas are all interesting. Of course, some of us would have to hitchhike there because our Teacher Assistant salaries are meager at best but....It would be a BLAST! And if you find a gaggle of fans, maybe you can pitch in together. East coasters! UNITE! Hahaha...
I . . . just had this mental image of somebody renting a big, tacky bus in Florida, and then driving up the coast, picking up fans as it went along. And everybody sings Movin' Right Along all the way to New York (or wherever).

If y'all are serious about this, you might want to try to involve a fan who has been in contact with some of the performers. Or maybe try contacting Bill or Matt on Twitter. They couldn't be much direct help, I suppose, but maybe they could point you to the right people at Disney, etc, to contact.

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
This is a fantastic idea! I doubt I'll be able to participate, but to those who can, I say do it!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Hey, I've had that party bus idea in my head for a long time!
:excited:
I would love to see it as a fan run thing. No need to get crazy with Disney, Etc. Heck, I'd be happy with just a big barbecue in a park somewhere where we all just sang muppet songs and told bad jokes!
:embarrassed:
Seriously though, if we got other professional people involved it'd be cool, but just a big old fan get together would be awesome too!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Can we some how meet in the middle in terms of location? Lol!!!

Friskies

Reaction score
So, it has been a while since I've posted (i'm wayyy more of a lurker), but then I saw this and i have to say, that would be awesome!

I recently just got back from an anime convention, and I had a lot of muppety goodness there! I Think there would be much more people interested than you know.

The convention I went to was Anime Central, which is located in chicago and is the largest midwest anime con. Now keep that in mind, I went there dressed as mad moxxi from borderlands (a non anime character) and Tex Richman with an Uncle Deadly plush.

Sooooooo many people recognized me and even complimented me for having such an obscure muppet. It was so great! I had people asking for my pic and even coming up to me saying they were HUGE muppet fans and let me know their own favorite muppets. Some even asked if I would be bringing him back because they were wanting to do some muppet costumes themselves! I also had several people asking if I could do chris coopers rap, which i promptly did and they got much enjoyment out of it.

Then in the dealers room I found a couple people selling muppet art, and instantly said they were wanting to draw uncle deadly and more muppets. Soooooo....yeah, again, it makes me incredibly happy how many muppet fans there are out there!

on a side note....

KILL DEADLY!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I think we're on the right track everyone! Just gotta get something going!

bandit

Reaction score
Right! Once we have it more fleshed out, we can start delegating tasks. Teams for this that and the other.