Muppet Convention

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
And if three whole people why not four? And if four whole people why not more? And more and more...sorry just had to the need to sing. :stick_out_tongue:

DannyRWW

Reaction score
That is one of my favorite songs as of late...sadly the only version I have is on a sesame street live cd

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Still like the idea of a jim henson/muppet convention...though someone here suggested a traveling version of the carnegie hall show...that is a good idea too

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Still like the idea of a jim henson/muppet convention...though someone here suggested a traveling version of the carnegie hall show...that is a good idea too
The only problem I foresee with that is availability issues with the performers, unless they were going to do the Muppets' voices pre-recorded and use different performers of it and take out the human Sesame cast.

That said, I think Philadelphia might be worth investigating. I know the city fairly well, having gone to La Salle for a year and having a lot of time to wander around the city on weekends. The Philadelphia Convention Center would be a good spot. But there always is New York. I think we can try to accomplish this if we work hard enough! I can try to investigate what it would take to book the Philadelphia convention center or the Javits center or any of the fine convention halls in NY.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I think you'd have even more people interested if you could get some of the performers for guest appearances and the thing is is if you only do a one day convention then might not be too hard. If you were to do like a two day thing you could have different performers on the 2 days it's held. And you'd need to get good publicity for it somehow where ever you decide to have it. I don't really know a whole lot about these things but I'm sure don't you have to get permissons or something from like Seasame Street workshop and Disney etc?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I think you'd have even more people interested if you could get some of the performers for guest appearances and the thing is is if you only do a one day convention then might not be too hard. If you were to do like a two day thing you could have different performers on the 2 days it's held. And you'd need to get good publicity for it somehow where ever you decide to have it. I don't really know a whole lot about these things but I'm sure don't you have to get permissons or something from like Seasame Street workshop and Disney etc?
You would need permission from Sesame Workshop, Disney and Henson to use the characters they own, not the performers, though. We're not that far in at all to look at guests but it's always worth a shot. I have plenty of Henson employees/alumni as Facebook friends and know one of the producers of Being Elmo, so that shouldn't be too hard when/if the time comes.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The thing is is like I said just book something small to start out and see how it goes. I just keep thinking I used to go to a Japanese animation convention here where I lived and they started out very small just at a college campus if I remember correctly and it went pretty well the first year and kept getting more and more popular until they had to move it from a simple college campus to an actual convention center. And I think a lot of it was word of mouth. And now it's the 2nd largest Japanese anime convention in the country.