Muppet Convention Thread #2: Where Should it be Held?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
You really wanna compete with Disney World?! Cause I can't see Disney letting us having a convention in their parks. :stick_out_tongue:

bandit

Reaction score
You could always have the convention in Orlando and then hit the parks as a bonus.... Then again, last time I looked none of us here is made of cash!

bandit

Reaction score
Oh yeah let's go to the most overpriced theme park in the world. LOL!
LOL WRONG! That isn't! There's a hotel in Dubai that costs like a 100 dollars to take a tour. It's the only 6 star hotel or something absurd like that.
BUT, as you've said once before...not to derail...

Greenville...Atlanta....or Orlando are alright with me. ALL of those have very good reaons for being the homebase.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well Disney sells balloons that are 10.00 a piece and popcorn that's 20.00 go figure! But yes back on subject I personally am all for Mississippi!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
You really wanna compete with Disney World?! Cause I can't see Disney letting us having a convention in their parks. :stick_out_tongue:
I agree. I think, and no offense to Disney, the more we make this a fan run operation the better. I worry a little if we put this in Disney's backyard so to speak. I certainly would not turn down their support but I think this is important that it is a Henson convention and not just a Disney run Muppet convention. Just my two cents. Most conventions like this (Thinking Transforemrs and in Europe Smurfs) start out small and when the companies that own the properties see it as a success, then come in and get more involved.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I agree. I think, and no offense to Disney, the more we make this a fan run operation the better. I worry a little if we put this in Disney's backyard so to speak. I certainly would not turn down their support but I think this is important that it is a Henson convention and not just a Disney run Muppet convention. Just my two cents. Most conventions like this (Thinking Transforemrs and in Europe Smurfs) start out small and when the companies that own the properties see it as a success, then come in and get more involved.
I would have to agree that, if this is a Henson convention Disney shouldn't be in complete control.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah they already own most of the world! For once I would not like this to be a marketed Disney/Muppet convention.