Muppet Comics Audio Recordings?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What possibility is there of getting the various Muppet Comics that have been produced so far, and the upcoming titles as well, converted and released in an audio recorded format for those of us who are visually impaired, who haven't gotten a single issue yet, and would like to join the discussion with all the knowledge of what happens in each story but can't/haven't? And although braille translations would at least make them available to us,that format is very much a dry read-through, failing to capture the comedy from added narrations of the paneled illustrations an audio recording would provide.

So... What do we have to do to make this happen? Anyone from Boom! who's a member here we need to talk to?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah, well, I ran that past Jake Forbes once for RTL. I don't know if it ever got anywhere. There definitely seems to be a market for audio conversion of all comics. I have Wolverine: Origins on DVD, which is basically just a very limited animated Flash version of the comics with audio. They should do more of that kind of thing.

dwmckim

Reaction score
...Hmm, you know if they could get the Muppet performers to record them, they'd end up with a product that would totally be snatched up beyond the visually impaired community - who wouldn't love to hear the Muppeteers breathing life into those marvelous scripts the Boom! artists are writing for the Muppets? It would be an everyone-wins situation - more people have access to the awesome stuff coming out of Boom! Muppet fans get a whole new treat of virtual Muppet productions (without all the expense of building sets, costumes, more rebuilt puppets) and i can't imagine it not being hugely profitable for Boom! (The Farscape titles would also benefit though with all the great cameos from various characters it may not be easy to track down all the original actors especially since most of them are Australia based)

RedPiggy

Reaction score
That's the beauty of audio, though ... IIRC, Matthew Broderick voiced some of Adult Simba for the Lion King on the phone.