Muppet Classic Theater

salthemonkey

Reaction score
In the last story the Elves and the Shoemaker, Rizzo is convinced that the elves are Elvis. This is the running joke including a scene where the frogs (Kermit and Robin) want to give the elves a gift to thank ‘em. Rizzo comes on screen offers a suggestion and then leaves.

Here is my question, when Rizzo comes out to talk to Kermit and Robin, isn’t that Dave Goelz voice doing Rizzo?

I would be willing to take a bet on it. Either that or my copy has had to many viewing and is now sounding strange.

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
I think you're right. I noticed that too. I don't know what's up with that. Maybe Steve couldn't do Rizzo that day or something. Weird.

UncleDeadly

Reaction score
As I am leaving in a few minutes, I wont be able to check this out until tomorrow at the earliest. But I am interested on seeing if your right!

Either you have good ears or you need to see a doctor and get some fluids drained. ^_^

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by salthemonkey

Here is my question, when Rizzo comes out to talk to Kermit and Robin, isn’t that Dave Goelz voice doing Rizzo?

I would be willing to take a bet on it. Either that or my copy has had to many viewing and is now sounding strange.
Yes that is Dave. Steve was doing Kermit at that moment. The special was cheap enough, godforbid they do a little Rizzo voiceover. :smile:

kansasteen14

Reaction score
it did sound different,but I do like the special but have a question,was this made before muppets tonight,cause it says 94 but andy and randy are on it.

salthemonkey

Reaction score
Andy and Randy

This was their breakout performance.

I did have a question regarding pigs.

It seems after this episode that the pigs were being desiged different.

Dr. Strangepork, Link, Annie Sue and of Course Miss Piggy all all of the same cut. Andy, Randy and Papa Pig look different.
Anyone know why?

matleo

Reaction score
Re: Andy and Randy

Originally posted by salthemonkey

It seems after this episode that the pigs were being desiged different.

Dr. Strangepork, Link, Annie Sue and of Course Miss Piggy all all of the same cut. Andy, Randy and Papa Pig look different.
Anyone know why?
Not designed by Micheal Frith would be my guess.

--Matt