Muppet Christmas Carol in old Vaudville Theatre on 11/25

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
I have no idea where this post would be best served so Kevin can feel free to move it wherever.

On Friday, November 25th (the Friday after Thanksgiving) the Union County Arts Center is going to be showing the Muppet Christmas Carol for $1.

The theatre is an old vaudville and silent film house and this weekend only they do 2 holiday movies for the vintage price of $1 a ticket. The theatre is very lovely, a historical landmark and has always reminded me of the Muppet Theatre so I fought like crazy to get them to do this. They have also told me that if this Muppet movie does well, they are very open to showing other Henson films or even doing a little mini film festival for Muppet fans.

Since the theatre is only like 30 minutes from most places and within range of most MC PA, NY, and NJ members, it could be a good idea for a get together.

The show is general admission so you can buy your tickets at the door if you want and after the show Rahway will do its tree lighting and Santa Claus will be around so it could be a day of fun. They are also playing Its A Wonderful Life for $1 later that night.

This event has been very under the radar so I wanted to post it here so that anyone who was interested could have a rare chance to see this film on the big screen again in a kick butt theatre.

The theatre website is http://www.ucac.org if anyone is interested.

Xela

Reaction score
Oh wow, that's so cool! I wish I lived in the area though...:cry:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Whare exactly is the theater? The Muppet Theater, hmmm? Sounds exciting!

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
If you take a look at their website, it will give you directions and stuff.

There is actually a train stop right down the street if you are a public transport kind of person.