Muppet Central's 2010 Weight Loss Challenge

Katzi428

Reaction score
Well, I'm still participating. Let's hope that I've found a good "diet" ... working my buns off, LOL. I love my new nursing job. I'm kinda inefficent 'cause I'm new, but I should find my groove by Monday. Yay me. :smile:
Go Kelly..go Kelly.......:wink:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Those are very nice pictures Sara. Is Teddy-Bear a real dog if you don't mind me asking?
I presume he is, though it's a little hard to tell.

As for me I've drastically cut out ice cream and cheese. Too much dairy product clogs up my throat with phlegm. :frown: I'm trying to eat more fruit and cut back on the soft drink. I'll let you know how I go. :smile:
WTG Marty! But you don't need to cut back entirely on the ice cream. They sell low fat ice cream. Plus yogurt is good for you too.:wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
WTG Marty! But you don't need to cut back entirely on the ice cream. They sell low fat ice cream. Plus yogurt is good for you too.:wink:
I know that Kathy. It's just that dairy products can really make me sick over time. I can handle a little, but sometimes the phlegm level can build up if I have too much to the point where it makes me vomit.:eek:

The last bit of ice cream I had was when some friends had me to tea recently. I declined to add cream to it and I was all right. I've cut significantly back on ice cream, cheese and now I'm doing the same with chocolate. I finished off the last of my Easter treats two days ago. Though I woke up ill yesterday. Groan.:frown:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I've already lost 3.1 pounds! I've been watching my calorie intake, and doing quite well with what I've been eating.
YAY! Awesome job!

I'm down another 2 myself. I'm supposed to do 1600 calories a day. That's without exercise. After exercise though, I'm supposed to do about 2100 calories, but I'm coming in at almost half that.

Do you have stairs in your house? Try walking up & down them several times a day.Or if your house has only one floor (like mine) try walking from,say,from the kitchen to your room about 20 times & then increase it. (I'm not sure how your house is laid out) Plus swimming. Even if you can't swim,try walking around the pool.
Stairs will definitely kick butt. It's some of the best exercise there is.

WTG Marty! But you don't need to cut back entirely on the ice cream. They sell low fat ice cream. Plus yogurt is good for you too.
I started getting Dannon blended fruit yogurt, and it's soooooo good. The hard part for me is not eating like buckets of it. :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't eat buckets of yogurt, for reasons stated above. I need to regulate my intake of anything dairy and hopefully in an ironic way it may help me lose a little bit of my weight. :wink:

Katzi428

Reaction score
I know that Kathy. It's just that dairy products can really make me sick over time. I can handle a little, but sometimes the phlegm level can build up if I have too much to the point where it makes me vomit.:eek:

The last bit of ice cream I had was when some friends had me to tea recently. I declined to add cream to it and I was all right. I've cut significantly back on ice cream, cheese and now I'm doing the same with chocolate. I finished off the last of my Easter treats two days ago. Though I woke up ill yesterday. Groan.:frown:
Blecchh Marty..Sorry you got sick.

Katzi428

Reaction score
YAY! Awesome job!

I'm down another 2 myself. I'm supposed to do 1600 calories a day. That's without exercise. After exercise though, I'm supposed to do about 2100 calories, but I'm coming in at almost half that.

Stairs will definitely kick butt. It's some of the best exercise there is.

I started getting Dannon blended fruit yogurt, and it's soooooo good. The hard part for me is not eating like buckets of it. :big_grin:
WTG on losing the 2 lbs. Dave! And yeah...stairs'll help ya a lot!
Just take it easy on the yogurt OK? It is good..I agree with you.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I'll probably start walking around my backyard with Teddy-Bear (it's fenced in so those dogs can't really get to me...)

And about those dogs, they aren't always out, but about half the time I do see them out and about, and it worries me...."are they out today?" "is it alright to go walking?"

So I finally just stopped walking because I didn't want to get hurt by them. They haven't actually tried to hurt me, but they did a couple of times growl and bark at me ferociously. Which could equal a dog bite/mauling if they are inclined to do so!

I've decided some things that I eat I can even cut back more, and still enjoy them. Like for dinner today I had this:

2 Great Value cinnamon waffles - 210 calories
1 Tablespoon butter - 100 calories
1 Tablespoon Hungry Jack syrup - 52 calories

That is a total of 362 calories! But what's ironic is this: after I ate one of the waffles, I didn't want the other one! But hubby was asleep, and I couldn't foist it onto him, unfortunately. So I went ahead and ate it.

181 calories I didn't particularly have to eat. Oh well. And if anyone wonders, why I didn't just put the waffle and butter/syrup bit in the fridge for say tomorrow was I had already poured the butter/syrup onto the waffle. I think it would have been inedible in a few hours after that.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I know how you feel Sara. :sympathy: Big growling dogs terrify me too. :eek: