Muppet Central's 2010 Weight Loss Challenge

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I've seen a string of posts started by our lovely Kathy, that have shown that some of us would benefit from something of a camaraderie of friends all trying to achieve the same goal:

:mad: WEIGHT LOSS! :mad:

So, I've taken it upon myself, to start a club for the time being, the Muppet Central 2010 Weight Loss Challenge club!

Perhaps we can help each other by trading helpful ideas, recipes, tips and tricks!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think Kev opened a challenge like this before...

But yeah... I've lost some weight myself thankfully, and the cool thing about it is I wasn't even really trying.

Every doctor I've seen (in real life and on TV) all say that simple walking is the best exercize (even more so than jogging or running) because not only does it get yourself moving, but it's also moving every single muscle in your body as you do so. I'll admit I was a skeptic at first, but a few weeks ago, there was a period where I was doing a considerable amount of walking everyday, because I was out and about either running errands, hanging at the mall, etc, and people were telling me they could tell a difference in my appearance that I was looking a little thinner, so I guess walking really does pay off.

Lack of exercize was always my biggest vice, because I really don't even eat THAT much, but admittedly, there's even some SMALL changes I've made to my eating habits that have been helping too - in addition to portion control, I've also been eating slower, and now I've found that I no longer can eat really big meals (especially at buffets), but that I also get fuller quicker.

I don't know how much weight I've lost in total since then... word of advice though... do NOT eat those "healthy" sandwiches at Kroger's deli; the fat content in those things is over 50% and they nearly killed me... I was down to 292 before I started eating them, and then I ballooned up to 310. I ain't touching them no more!

Xevia

Reaction score
I'm in, let's start Monday with a nice fresh start. Everyone get your weights in over the weekend (you don't have to share the number with us if you don't want to) and let's do a bi weekly or something agreeable weigh in. For the couple ppl that said they don't have a scale most any doctor's office will let you walk in and weigh yourself and there are pharmacies that let you do it for free as well.

We should set a collective goal based on whoever participates too, because that could be fun!

What do you all think? :insatiable: no more!

:insatiable::insatiable:

Katzi428

Reaction score
I've seen a string of posts started by our lovely Kathy, that have shown that some of us would benefit from something of a camaraderie of friends all trying to achieve the same goal:

:mad: WEIGHT LOSS! :mad:

So, I've taken it upon myself, to start a club for the time being, the Muppet Central 2010 Weight Loss Challenge club!

Perhaps we can help each other by trading helpful ideas, recipes, tips and tricks!
Me?LOVELY? Aww..I'm blushing! But thanks Sara!
Yeah..the weight loss club sounds great! I can't really start for good til About April 5. I'm in NY (again) for my little niece's birthday (as I mentioned last week,I think.Someone here said they remembered me mentioning when she was born 3 years ago) & then my 8 day cruise leaves on March 28 ducking all rotten food from those who are those jealous of me going on a cruise But yeah..I'm in for the MC 2010 Weight Loss Challenge Club! Here's to us trying to lose weight!raising my bottle of Grape Fruit 2O in a toast!:smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I'm in. I was hoping we could all team up.

I don't mind giving out what I've been doing so far. I not only use weight but also hip to waist ratio.

2-1-10: Waist (W) 37.5 inches, Hips (H) 46.75 inches, Ratio (R) 80.21% Weight (Wt) 163 lbs
2-15-10: W 37.5, H 45.5, R 82.42, Wt 165.5
2-28-10: W 36, H 46, R 78.26, Wt 164
3-15-10: W 38.5, H 45.5, R 84.62, Wt 162.5
3-18-10: W 37.5, H 47, R 79.79, Wt 162

As you can see, there's some fluctuation. I didn't include all the stats on my chart, so my weight yo-yo's a bit more than what it looks like here, though only by about 2-4 lbs.

I haven't been exercising like I should. When I got hired for my first nursing job, there was a lot of walking on the job and I was exhausted when I got home. I also didn't get to eat lunch very often on the job, so I probably over compensated at home. Still, for being a half-lazy bum, I seem to be keeping the stats from doing wild swings :big_grin:

Edit: I guess I should list a goal or something: Maintain Ratio within 5 points of 80% and weigh around 145-155 lbs. That is the weight I need to help alleviate knee pain in my damaged right knee.

Xevia

Reaction score
Sounds good ppl, this is going to be great to have a good support system!

Anyone care to share their meal plans?

I need to cut out all sugar for awhile because I have a condition that I'm not going to go too far into, but sugar makes it the worst so I'm going to try to stay away from it completely for about 2 weeks to let my body rid itself of it :boo:

I'll post my current weight and maybe a picture on Monday and then go from there :eek:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm in! I've got to step the exercising up. My diet's been good, but I need to get more active.

Katzi428

Reaction score
OK..here's my height 4'11"
My weight: 192 :embarrassed:

Breakfast:Life cereal or Honey bunches of Oats
Lunch: Yogurt
Midafternoon snack:granola bar or cookie
Dinner:Whatever the family is having
Dessert:Low sugar ice cream
(2 or 3 fruit 2O's during the day)

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Part of my problem is that I have acid reflux sometimes and instead of killing it with medication, I tend to fill my stomach with food to make it feel better. I really need to cut that out.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Part of my problem is that I have acid reflux sometimes and instead of killing it with medication, I tend to fill my stomach with food to make it feel better. I really need to cut that out.
Blecchh Kelly.Horrible feeling.:stick_out_tongue: Try using something like Tums again.