Muppet Central Wiki

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Since the old thread about the wiki is kind of irrelevant now, I'm starting a new one to spread awareness.

http://muppet-central.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Central_Wiki

I realize that most people here probably don't edit wikis, but don't worry about it, someone will fix it if you mess up. Right now, it's a bit empty, but we want to make it a universal wiki for all kinds of things, mostly for member works.

There is a chat built into the wiki. I don;t think there has to be a wiki admin online to use it. But its there for anyone who wants to use it for whatever reason.

We were mainly hoping people would start using it as a way to archive or link to their fanfics. It can be kinda hard to sift through the fanfics section of the forum, but if you put your fanfic on the wiki, you can have one continuous story, making it easier to read instead of reading it in parts with people's comments mixed in. Or you can just make a page and add links to all of your fanfics. This allows you to easily link that one page in your sig to advertise all of your fanfics at once. Yeah, there's the one large index, but wouldn't it be nice if you could manage your own personal list of your own fanfics? Even if you don't put your fanfics on the wiki you can still use it to create a page linking to all of your threads, and maybe even write a brief description of what your fanfic is about so people can easily find ones they are interested in. If you are just reading this paragraph wondering what the heck I am talking about I can make an example page to show you.

You can also use the wiki to create a fanart gallery for yourself to display all of your fanart and even host it on the wiki.

Puppet builder? Make a page for yourself and create a gallery of all of your puppets, works in progress, ect.

And finally you can make a page about yourself, whether it be serious or funny.

So yeah. We want it to become basically a hub for all member fanfics, fan art, puppets, basically all creative work done by members.

If you have any questions just ask me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd contribute, but I'm so bad with Wikis, it's not even funny. If I had a dime every time I've seen Oscarfan or someone re-edit my recent edits on Muppet Wiki just minutes afterwards, I'd probably have enough to buy a discount $5 DVD at Walmart.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
It can't be that bad :stick_out_tongue:

Besides, its not like this is the Muppet wiki where everything has to be a certain way in a certain format.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Thanks for bringing this thread up.

I just wanted to remind everyone that we have a very strict rule over at the MC Wiki. No member is able to create a member page except for that member himself.
(So I, can create a page for my own account, but another member cannot edit or create any member pages.) If a page is created, we'll ask that member here on the forum if they were the one to create that page.
If for some reason, it wasn't, we'll delete it immediately.

I just wanted to let everyone know that. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask any one on the wiki. :wink:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Unless of course you are having problems with editing and ask someone else to do it for you.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
At first, I thought this was a weird concept, but now I'm contemplating editing.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Thanks for bringing this thread up.

I just wanted to remind everyone that we have a very strict rule over at the MC Wiki. No member is able to create a member page except for that member himself.
(So I, can create a page for my own account, but another member cannot edit or create any member pages.) If a page is created, we'll ask that member here on the forum if they were the one to create that page.
If for some reason, it wasn't, we'll delete it immediately.

I just wanted to let everyone know that. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask any one on the wiki. :wink:
You know, I think this rule is a bit extreme and might scare more than a few people off. Besides, Vincent already constantly breaks that rule of don't edit other people's pages...

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Oh. I didn't think it would scare anyone off. I actually thought it would attract people. I wanted to make it clear that only you the member has the choice as to what it says on your page. That way, we don't have people adding whatever they want to anyone's page.
Unless you want us to write it for you. (If you've never used Wikia before/Don't have a Wikia account) just let us know what you want it to say on your page, and we'll fill it in.

Besides, Vincent already constantly breaks that rule of don't edit other people's pages...
As for Vincent, I've never seen Vince ever change any of the info on a page. He usually just categorizes, and fixes spelling mistakes.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Oh. I didn't think it would scare anyone off. I actually thought it would attract people. I wanted to make it clear that only you the member has the choice as to what it says on your page. That way, we don't have people adding whatever they want to anyone's page.
Unless you want us to write it for you. (If you've never used Wikia before/Don't have a Wikia account) just let us know what you want it to say on your page, and we'll fill it in.
I understand that, but people are hesitant to edit wikis anyway. And you don't need an account to edit (although it helps us :stick_out_tongue:). But I agree that people should only edit their own pages.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I've confirmed a few members that they were the ones who created them. Most recently AnimatedC9000. A very well-written member page. A good example of what a member page should look like. (You don't have to share a lot of info though, whatever you feel you would like to share.)