Muppet Central...return...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hi, Tonichelle!

Well, you don't have to be Muppet-Literate to post here! Posting here is what will teach you all the little miniscule characters' names and shows and such as all that.

I know a girl here in town who hates Muppets, but loves Labyrinth and can tell me anything about it--and there's a place in these forums to discuss only Labyrinth stuff..but, I can't get her here.

I hope to see you posting on the boards frequently because anybody who has an avatar of a dancing cow has GOT to be a fun poster! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I've been reading around and I thought I should add my thoughts about the recent, "Crazy Posts" epidemic.

Be careful...

If you're a crazy poster who muffins threads, be carefull which threads you muffin! Try not to offend people in doing so. If the thread is, for example, inherently sensible...probably best not to muffin it unless it just Happens. Best to muffin threads that were practically muffined before they began...eg. Water Cooler.

Be nice!

There is a limit, and a difference between fun and random-stupidet'ie. Running around madly with cows on horseback is behaviour for the Random Randomness thread, while muffining other threads is acceptable, and indeed, enjoyed! Try not to make them...too random. Keep the really, really random stuff in the Random thread. That's what it's there for guys!

Keep on topic...

When a topic goes off topic, in usually creates a new topic, that several members (usually three) are obviously having a lot of fun with. If someone else wants to join that fun, try not to take over, but rather to join in on it.

A difference...

Note: There is a difference between muffining a thread, and hijaking it. A Muffined thread has a warmth and Muppet-zanyness to it, a hijaked thread generally is just stupide'tie...

Beware...

...that you don't do it too much to the point where it becoes annoying!

Don't be a party pooper...

A thread in which a lot of members had a lot of fun was deleted recently, now I'm not pointing fingers at the person who did it, but saying, "Guys, if someone takes one of your threads and makes it into a party, don't get mad!" There's no point in being a party pooper! If you really fet the thread was important pre-muffinization, either bring it back on topic, or else start a new thread. Either way, try not to ruin others fun here...and at the same time, those who are having fun, also have respect.

Bea:zany:{That is my 13.2 dollars for the day}regard

jediX

Reaction score
Amendment: The definition of hijacking.

Don't forget this general rule of thumb: if people are already having fun in a thread, don't go in and destroy their fun. I wouldn't go into, say, the Muppet Dorms rp and start posting random, incomplete ideas that had nothing to do with that rp. Respect other peoples' threads, discussions, games, and rp's. If you want to get in on a thread, go ahead, but don't take off in a totally random direction and destroy the direction of the thread. If you want to talk about something else, start a thread for that. If a new discussion spawns in a thread that is different from the original, START A NEW THREAD.

It's that simple, people. Common sense and common courtesy. Respect others and their threads and you shall get it in return.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Excellent point, Jedi, with established Role-Plays, such as Mupept Dorms, and MopFam, you should get permission and understand the game before you join them otherwise people's fun is going to be changed into argument.

Now, let's go out and try it again. :stick_out_tongue: :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Let me explain what a Muffin is, actually. It isn't when you go into a thread to "muffin it," it's after a discussion topic is set forth in a thread, and the discussion goes full circle that suddenly you realize you are no longer on topic: that thread's been muffined. It is NOT a deliberate wavering from the topic, but unconscious.

I agree. I am also seeing too many posts that don't make sense and that are useless to the threads. I also think that it's probably folks just trying to build their post count...and I don't understand why? If you've got a ton of posts, you're on the computer too much, which means you have no life and should be embarassed. So, for now, I'm going to go hang my head in shame. (ignore my post count, gang!) :crazy:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Let me explain what a Muffin is, actually. It isn't when you go into a thread to "muffin it," it's after a discussion topic is set forth in a thread, and the discussion goes full circle that suddenly you realize you are no longer on topic: that thread's been muffined. It is NOT a deliberate wavering from the topic, but unconscious.

I agree. I am also seeing too many posts that don't make sense and that are useless to the threads. I also think that it's probably folks just trying to build their post count...and I don't understand why? If you've got a ton of posts, you're on the computer too much, which means you have no life and should be embarassed. So, for now, I'm going to go hang my head in shame. (ignore my post count, gang!) :crazy:
Ditto.

Bea:zany:{meme}regard

Tonichelle

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Hi, Tonichelle!

Well, you don't have to be Muppet-Literate to post here! Posting here is what will teach you all the little miniscule characters' names and shows and such as all that.
yeah, I know, it's just hard to jump into a conversation out of the blue :eek:

I hope to see you posting on the boards frequently because anybody who has an avatar of a dancing cow has GOT to be a fun poster!
I still have no reason why I chose that for an avatar LOL my best friend is the cow fan, not me :confused: :excited:

Rosewood

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I also think that it's probably folks just trying to build their post count...and I don't understand why?
I know I'm no senior member here, but have you ever concidered the fact that the words "senior member" could be a little miss-leading sometimes, especially to a member who has just joined? I know when I first joined, I was under the impression that "senior member" was a phrase used to refer to a member who had been here for a certain ammount of time and had therefore earned the respectfull position of "senior".

Then I realized it was refering to post counts, and noticed how some of the "senior members" had gotten this status in just a few months since joining. At that point you don't know how badly I wanted to become a "senior member". The impression I had was, that in order to get true respect or be taken seriously, I had to be a part of this group.

I know now that this is not necessarily true, because I have become good friends with quite a few of the "senior members" here, as well as people who are newer to the forum. Although I still intend to someday become a "senior member", I'm no longer in such a hurry to get there. When I do finally get to that level, though, I would like to look back and know that I earned it by contributing good productive posts.:smile: