Muppet Cast Lists

CountCrow4

Reaction score
With Frank Oz's unofficial retirement as a muppeteer, I started wondering who has taken over for what characters over the years, so I figured lets start a list of muppet take overs.

Kermit: Steve Whitmire (formally Jim Henson)
Piggy: Eric Jacobson (fomally Frank Oz)
Rowlf: Bill Barretta (formally Jim Henson)
Beaker: Steve Whitmire (formally Richard Hunt)
Waldorf: David Goelz (formally Jim Henson)
Statler: Jerry Nelson (formally Richard Hunt)

Didn't somebody say Sweetums is done by a Henson boy? Also, is anyone doing Fozzie, Animal, or Sam the Eagle? Scooter had a little voice in MFS, so who did that? What are some other muppet take overs?

Don
Muppet Fan since 84

beaker

Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea about the extent of the recasts! Thanks for the faq link crowe!

Big hats off to the 'new'(or should I say 'newer' guys) Kennedy and Jaccobson for their wonderful talent in reprising classic Sesame and TMS characters. Piggy is as good as ever IMHO.
It was great to see Rowlf back in a speaking role last year for the first time in awhile. Hopefully for the still uncast characters they'll find folks to do it. And yeah, while John Henson is not part of the company officially(from what I hear) he is now Sweetums(as of MTI?) I thought it would be a guy named victor reprsing him for the MFest/Live show but alas after seeing him 'half cast' afterwards it was Brian's younger bro(Sweetums, btw the only Muppet you were actually able to meet)

///beaker///

scarecroe

Reaction score
No problem, it's a great resource :smile:

My favorite recast has to be Bill as Rowlf too. It was truly magical to see him come to life again :cool: