Muppet Canon/Chronology/Timeline

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It sort of goes too slow.
Try watching again, you might just need to get used to it. I never felt it was slow.

Also the scene with the Electric Mayhem singing Can You Picture That, I really didn't get what was supposed to be happening.
Lol, well remember they're like hippies, their song doesn't need to make sense, just be abstract and groovy, lol.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Right, in the Great Muppet Caper they read the credits and the opening number is "Hey, A Movie!" so it's like they are still the actual characters, but just in different roles this time for the sake of putting on a new movie.
Right so that just proves they know they're making a movie. So we know that's not real. in The Muppet Movie they know too but they tell us it's real there

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Right so that just proves they know they're making a movie. So we know that's not real. in The Muppet Movie they know too but they tell us it's real there
Not exactly, in The Muppet Movie they say it's "approximately how it happened."

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Try watching again, you might just need to get used to it. I never felt it was slow.

The other movies were much faster, I used to think TGMC was the worst original Muppet movie until I saw The Muppet Movie. Especially with The Muppets (the new movie) it felt too slow.
Maybe it really was good for it's time, I don't really know becuase it's not the time I grew up in.....

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Maybe it really was good for it's time, I don't really know becuase it's not the time I grew up in.....
Well here is one thing I always say to people. It may not be your cup of tea. But that doesn't mean it's dated. It just means you personally didn't like it. There's a difference. :wink:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
LOL
Thanks for that by the way it helped me with the whole story, also I followed your advice and went to Wal-Mart and bought the Muppet Movie. I'm almost done. It's not as good as everyone says it is, it's okay.
your entitled to how you feel but i feel you missed out by seeing the new one first, kinda like watching a story happen backwards...again nothing wrong in the order you watch them...but to us older guys The Muppet Movie is like our holy grail

Well here is one thing I always say to people. It may not be your cup of tea. But that doesn't mean it's dated. It just means you personally didn't like it. There's a difference. :wink:
well said, ive never felt this movie was dated...in fact i just watched it recently and even then theres no real moment where none of that couldnt happen in a movie today its still the same tricks they use today

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Not exactly, in The Muppet Movie they say it's "approximately how it happened."
But I was hoping for a mockumentry style movie,
The only time that was a good "that they're making a movie" referance was when Dr.Teeth reads the script in the middle, that made me laugh.
Also very few things made me laugh in this movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
your entitled to how you feel but i feel you missed out by seeing the new one first...again nothing wrong in the order you watch them...but us older guys this is our holy grail
I know that even if I like this new movie, I'm not using it to introduce my kids to the Muppets. If I'm going to do that, Jim's work comes first. And I wasn't even around when The Muppet Movie came out! :wink:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
No just it feels a bit dated. I wasn't saying it was dated in the post you quoted me on, I just said I didn't like it so I was thinking it might be a little bit dated for someone like me. I really wasn't sure.