Muppet Canon/Chronology/Timeline

bort

Reaction score
Yeah was the ripped picture in The Muppets a reference to the wedding in TMTM?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yeah was the ripped picture in The Muppets a reference to the wedding in TMTM?
Yes it was. I still don't get what's going on, so they were on Boradway? They are married? So does that mean The Great Muppet Caper is real too?
It's very complicated and I'm still trying to figure it all out

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
So if you wanted a timeline it'll basically look like this.
The Muppet Movie (actual story)
The Muppet Show 1-3
The Muppet Movie (the one they sit down to watch)
The Muppet Show 4-5
The Muppets (2011)
this time line looks so familiar sorta like dejavu:wink:

if i had to make an official timeline of how the sotry works its:

The Muppet Movie(actual story)
The Muppet show 1-3
The Muppet movie( the one they sit down to watch) 1979
The Muppet show 4-5
The Muppets-2011

its a tad confusing but if you think of them as actors they sorta are it works...since the other movies are sorta that movies they act in(not counting tv specials)
but like Heralde said there is no true canon...its so lose you can almost throw anything in there...even Great Muppet caper since that's them putting on a movie and acknowledge we are watching them

Yes it was. I still don't get what's going on, so they were on Boradway? They are married? So does that mean The Great Muppet Caper is real too?
It's very complicated and I'm still trying to figure it all out
just look at it like a screen shot from MTM that piggy printed and confusion flys out the door

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Of what? The only other reference was in The Muppets and I still don't understand it
To further clarify, in the 1986 special "The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years" Piggy says to Kermit, "And you did it tres well, hubby!"

So yeah...I personally think they are married, hehe. :wink:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
this time line looks so familiar sorta like dejavu:wink:
LOL
Thanks for that by the way it helped me with the whole story, also I followed your advice and went to Wal-Mart and bought the Muppet Movie. I'm almost done. It's not as good as everyone says it is, it's okay.

bort

Reaction score
Right, in the Great Muppet Caper they read the credits and the opening number is "Hey, A Movie!" so it's like they are still the actual characters, but just in different roles this time for the sake of putting on a new movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
also I followed your advice and went to Wal-Mart and bought the Muppet Movie. I'm almost done. It's not as good as everyone says it is, it's okay.
Maybe it would have been better if it hadn't been in Wal-Mart for so long, lol. :wink:

But seriously, I mean you're entitled to your opinion and all, but what didn't you like about it?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
To further clarify, in the 1986 special "The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years" Piggy says to Kermit, "And you did it tres well, hubby!"

So yeah...I personally think they are married, hehe. :wink:
I go according to that they are married. That's the only thing I think actually is real from those movies

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Maybe it would have been better if it hadn't been in Wal-Mart for so long, lol. :wink:

But seriously, I mean you're entitled to your opinion and all, but what didn't you like about it?
It sort of goes too slow. Is that the way they really got together? But I realized something from the new movie all has to do something with what they did in The Muppet Movie.
Piggy looks horrible in this movie. Also the scene with the Electric Mayhem singing Can You Picture That, I really didn't get what was supposed to be happening. It got a bit boring.