Muppet Baby plush/DVD sets premiere at Target

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I am definately going to get Gonzo when the money comes. But I am too disappointed that Scooter and Skeeter aren't included. I hope they can be PVC's, or (if they do well) a series 3 of the plush.

Anyway, what really disappoints me is the lack of Baby Bunsen and Beaker... I mean, Beaker's got his standing as a cult character, why not make him a plush/ PVC/ something...?

Oliver

Reaction score
I have a question:

Is the disc slipped inside of that small cardboard case on it's own, or does it come in some sort of individual packaging? Wouldn't it get scratched or marked in that cardboard?

jediX

Reaction score
It is inside the cardboard envelope depicted in my scans, but there shouldn't be any damage to the disc. Just to be safe you might want to pick up some empty dvd or jewel cases to store em' in.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Yeah, for the DVD, just wait until AOL sends you a disk and you can use that case. I find that I'm not irritated by them sending me disks because it gives me free cases to put in my DVDs that don't have covers. :smile:

jediX

Reaction score
Plus, AOL discs make great coasters :wink:

Oliver

Reaction score
As I expected... full of marks and blemishes all over the surface of every single disc.

:smirk:

What a stupid packaging concept. Couldnt they have just diustributed them in regular cd jewel cases rather than mess up each disc...

jediX

Reaction score
Yea, but at least it played skip-free for me.

Better than nothing though, right? :sympathy:

Oliver

Reaction score
Definitely better than nothing, but at the same time not what I've been hoping for...

They'll tie me over until a proper release surfaces, I just hope we get word on that in the next year.

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
I think Target has had good sales on the Muppet Babies. They are stocked on what I call the Retro-Toy Aisle with Care Bears and Rainbow Bright. They looked picked over and low esp. the beanies and the non-Piggy characters. Like Palisades, I wish companies would realize that Piggy will sell if they make a decent looking version. On a plush I think the only way to do a decent piggy is a plastic head with rooted hair. But they didn't ask me. IMO. Like the original Statler and Waldorf dolls of a few years ago with the flocked faces that is how Piggy would best look.