Muppet Baby Memories

dinoboy

Reaction score
I remember that show and enjoyed it. My favorite episode was "The Great Muppet Cartoon Show" since I enjoyed the cartoons, especially when Gonzo meets up with Gertie the Trained Dinosaur. Then during the episode you see that various cartoon characters are impersonated by the babies. I also got a laugh during "The Great Cookie Train Robbery." where all the other babies can't wait for lunch and are starving. So Gonzo sees Nanny and she gives him a box of animal cookies to share with the others, but he gets greedy and eats the cookies for himself. However Gonzo was soo full of cookies he couldn't eat his favorite sandwhich that nanny made for him, Peanut Butter and Bananna.
Although nobody liked Fozzie's Jokes, my sister loved this joke told by him. Baby Fozzie Asks "What do you get when you put chocolate pudding in your mother's shoes?" And then he says "Give up, You Get A Spanking. Wakka Wakka Wakka."

And for a fun memory, I got a kick out the episode "It's Only Pretendo." And The babies act out their favorite video games as the play it. I think they played Tetris, Zelda, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Donkey Kong." It was a hoot.

dinoboy

Reaction score
Kermit and his nephew Robin

We all love Kermit, and enjoyed him in his baby form, but in one episode, Nanny comes in to the nursery with a goldfish bowl with a baby tadpole in it and she tells Kermit that he's an Uncle now, since this is your nephew Robin.
I love frogs, and the one thing we need to see more of is Kermit, especially on Sesame Street.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The episode where Gonzo hides the cookies is wonderful. In true Muppet spirit, they didn't hold back. Gonzo really did make a bad choice, though he convinced himself it was OK. But in the end he manages to redeem himself.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmm.... we need someone to start a "Classic Episode Discussion" thread and have a moderator "Sticky" it.

I remember loving the show, and I remember getting some of the plush, and kinda wishing I got Baby Gonzo, but I never did. I wish I wasn't on the cusp of poverty when the MB bean bags came out. I just got Animal.

Definately a classic and ground breaking children's show that proves you can make educational/entertaining shows for little kids without making them banal and hard to watch. Check out PBS's "Super Why" and you'll see what I mean. Yucka :concern:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I remember the episode where Fozzie decides to give up comedy, because Piggy gave him an "F" for not being funny. They're arguing about whether any of Fozzie's jokes are funny.

Fozzie: They are so!

Piggy: THEY ARE NOT!

Kermit: Uh, why don't you tell Nanny a joke and let her decide?

Fozzie: Ok, what's the difference between an orange?

Nanny: Go ahead, Fozzie, finish the joke.

Fozzie: It is finished, that's the joke!

Piggy: See, Nanny?

Nanny: Uh, hmm mm, that was very good Fozzie...

Fozzie: It's ok, Nanny, you don't have to laugh. I guess Piggy was right. I'm not funny.

Nanny: Don't worry Fozzie, with a little practice, I'm sure you can be a great comedian.

Fozzie: Yeah...sure, Nanny.

Awww! :embarrassed:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I simply adored the Gonzo/Piggy/Kermit love triangle going on, and Piggy's rebuttles to Gonzi, while doing a strangle-snuggle with Kermit. I loved that and still get all melty and "Gadawww" ish now thinking of it.

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
I simply adored the Gonzo/Piggy/Kermit love triangle going on, and Piggy's rebuttles to Gonzi, while doing a strangle-snuggle with Kermit. I loved that and still get all melty and "Gadawww" ish now thinking of it.
Me too!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh yeah another favorite episode is when Skeeter trips on one of Piggy's skates and Piggy swaps hers with Gonzo's so she won't get in trouble. But Gonzo keeps making all these pictures and sculptures of her (with a roller skate hehe) and she's worried that Gonzo will get her in trouble. Gonzo's about to reveal his last piece of art and Piggy tries to stop him, but it turns out to be a lovely picture of her. Piggy is touched and finally feels so guilty that she confesses.

Gonzo: I made this because I love her more than anyone else in the world.

Piggy: ...you do?

Aww