Muppet Babies: Season 1 " Thoughts"

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Hello! Once again, it's me, fozzieisfunny and I just got back from YouTube where I watched the 1st season of Muppet Babies. I have my thoughts, but I'm looking for your thoughts! Bye!

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I thought the season was great and had the best animation out of all the others, (with Season 2 being my second favorite)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought the season was great and had the best animation out of all the others, (with Season 2 being my second favorite)
The Toei animated episodes look pretty good, but better and better before they switched to Akom. The first season really looked Japanese if you know what to look for. And it was pretty grainy too. I kinda miss those days when Japanese animated episodes of something had that weird aura to it. I could always tell which Dennis the Menace was because the colors were washed out somehow.

Actually, I need to rewatch a bunch, but the only time I saw that weird "wrong voice coming out of the mouth" animation error under Toei was during the "Keep your Animal Clean" number when Skeeter's line came out of Piggy. Can't remember how many times Akom did it, but the Valentine episode has a scene where Gonzo's voice comes out of Animal saying, "Now remember what I told ya", blending into Animal's "Okee Dokee!"

The first few seasons of the show were my favorite. Not to say there weren't good episodes later on, but the writing was much more solid. And the network's dumb kid didn't whine about Bunsen and Beaker, so they weren't kicked off the show in place of a character no one knew how to write for.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
The Toei animated episodes look pretty good, but better and better before they switched to Akom. The first season really looked Japanese if you know what to look for. And it was pretty grainy too. I kinda miss those days when Japanese animated episodes of something had that weird aura to it. I could always tell which Dennis the Menace was because the colors were washed out somehow.

Actually, I need to rewatch a bunch, but the only time I saw that weird "wrong voice coming out of the mouth" animation error under Toei was during the "Keep your Animal Clean" number when Skeeter's line came out of Piggy. Can't remember how many times Akom did it, but the Valentine episode has a scene where Gonzo's voice comes out of Animal saying, "Now remember what I told ya", blending into Animal's "Okee Dokee!"

The first few seasons of the show were my favorite. Not to say there weren't good episodes later on, but the writing was much more solid. And the network's dumb kid didn't whine about Bunsen and Beaker, so they weren't kicked off the show in place of a character no one knew how to write for.
You're talking about Bean, aren't you. like you, I really thought that the writers did not know what to write about that character. the only reason to add him was probably to try to keep the show running.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They probably had orders from high up somewhere. The writers clearly hated the character, and made him... well, I'm sure if I say Pinky and the Brain and Larry, you get the point. He had, like, one good episode, but otherwise they didn't bother to do the research on the character. He had the potential to be downright Nermal-esque as a Baby (not that he wasn't already, satirically so), but was wasted on being a chronically depressed...whatever that was. Meanwhile, it's true the network head's kid hated Bunsen and Beaker, and in the realm of Muppets, that's downright blasphemous.