Muppet Babies/Fraggle Rock Comic Books

DigitalBohemian

Reaction score
So my mom and bro were in a comic book/cards store today, and brought me back a muppet babies comic and 3 fraggle rock comics! Very kool, as I didn't even know these existed.

So my question is, how many issues of MB and FR comics are there?
Are they worth anything?
Is there any kind of site with info on them or a listing or descriptions or ANYTHING?

If anyone could spread even a small amount of light on these comic books that I didn't even know existed until today, it would be greatly appreciated.

And have a cres day! :smile:

DigitalBohemian

Reaction score
Thanx very much Phillip! Just as I pressed the submit button I thought, hmmm, maybe I should check the merchandise pages on this site! Duh. Silly me.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
DB,

There were approximately 27 or so issues of the Muppet Babies comic. All stories were original, not adaptations of the TV show. At first a storyline would last an entire issue, but starting with issue 11, I think, the issue was split into two seperate stories. As with Fraggle Rock, Stan Kay wrote the early issues and Marie Severin did the art. That might have changed with the later issues.

For a long time, I had every issue starting with #6. Unfortunately, I needed to clear up some space in my house, and I went to sell them on eBay. I checked previous auctions and, to my horror, discovered that NO issues of Muppet Babies sold on eBay. Ever. So, reluctantly, I tossed most of them out, only hanging on to a few early ones that were my favorites. (This must have been before my days at the MC forum, or otherwise I would have seen if anyone here wanted them.) The bright side is, despite others' lack of success, many people still put the comics up on eBay frequently (at least the last time I checked), so if you want to add to your collection it should be relatively easy to do. Good luck!

Phil, if you want to add the information from the first paragraph to the Collectibles website, feel free. I'll try to research it a little and fill in some more detail (maybe even scan a couple covers) when I can. (Of course, that's as soon as I write that Farscape article and the Muppet profiles, etc., etc. LOL!)

Take care,