Muppet Babies Episodes Writing Styles

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Im kind of interested in what the writing styles of each type of MB episodes (i.e. by the different writers, Hank Saroyan, Jeffrey Scott, etc.)

BJ

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really haven't seen too many of either lately to make any distinctions yet...

But Jeffy has an extremely distinct style of writing you can just feel in every show he's been involved with. For example, he does a lot of episodes about the olympics (Captain N for example, the episode was Videolympics), and he had a lot of scripts titled "Lights, Camera, ________" (Lights camera Muppets, Lights Camera Littles... etc)

He was one of the best and worst writers of cartoons there was. Sometimes he really did a great job, sometimes he just did pretty cliche'd stuff. I am a fan, make no mistake, and I have his book. He really has a good handle on the characters of ANY show he has done. Especially TMNT, when he was given the horrible last season when the original writers decided to make horrendous plots cuz they didn't think the show would last one more year.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think Jeff handled the last season well, considering the original writers screwed everything up by getting rid of Shredder and Krang and replacing him with the uninterresting Lord Dregg. And the Mutations they made the turtles go through just as they left the office and cleaned out their desk.

Makes you wonder... if they were fired did they do this to get back at the producers, and to give their replacement a hard time?

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
That last season of TMNT...ick. They should NEVER have let that happen.

AFAIK, Hank Saroyan uses more humor, like the pull-tab jokes in Goosetown Babies.

BJ