Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

RidleyTJN

Reaction score
Hey all, new to the forum, but figured i'd give in my two cents on this whole thing. I recently wrote Disney before even discovering this forum about the possibility of muppet babies on DVD, here's what I wrote (you can skip this if you want its just an example):

"To Whom it May Concern,
I will try to ask, request, and explain my issue as briefly as possible. Is there a particular reason as to why Disney has yet to release season box sets of the following properties: Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, Muppet Babies, Aladdin, and Goof Troop? I suppose Goof Troop and Aladdin are more of a personal preference and the success of those two programs might not fall in line with Disney's expectations. However I beleive Darkwing Duck, Muppet Babies, and especially Duck Tales were major Disney properties and met with great success. It seems boggling to me that a Disney series such as Gargoyles should receive the season box set treatment over Duck Tales of all shows. I am sure Disney has noticed the new trend of "Retro" cartoons of the1980's and early 1990's making comebacks. Most of the major cartoons of those eras have already been released as Season Box sets. The most notable cartoons being: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Jem, and Thundercats (which is due out next month.) Considering the aforementioned Disney cartoons were just as influential and popular, why has Disney not taken advantage of this trend? Disney has a huge roster of major cartoons that were aired in the 80's and 90's that met with amazing success, thats without even mentioning programs such as Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers, Gummi Bears and so forth. There are many, many people aside from myself who are eagerly anticipating and ready to purchase season box set releases of these cartoons. Disney would have at least two demographics that the box sets could be marketed towards. The two demographics being the 18-30 year old men and women who fondly remember these cartoons (such as myself,) and the younger children who can appreciate the more solid cartoon programs that were around not too long ago versus what is on television now or possibly as an extension of what is out now. Even back then programs such as Muppet Babies' and Dark Wing Duck's frequent pop culture references were enough to appeal to the adult crowd of that era so given these points there should be somewhat less of a hindrance from a demographical standpoint. I implore Disney to please consider releasing these cartoons as Season Box Sets. Thank you for reading." then of course I signed it.

My letter isn't perfect, grammar issues and redundancies aside it at least comes off as halfway educated. As a media studies major in college one of the things my professors drilled into my head is that major media conglomerates such as Disney, Viacom, Newscorp(Fox) etc take one persons letter as a representative of 1000 people, as there is little representation of the "silent majority" other then focus grouping otherwise. If enough people write somewhat well thought out letters, addressing their concerns and explaining their eagerness to purchase said anticipated product, Disney will not ignore them. Sure we'll all get the same automated response but beleive it or not the letters do actually get read.

So I encourage any of you willing enough to devote maybe 15-20 minutes of your time to write about how you feel about this situation to Disney to do so. One thought out letter is worth 30 letters simply stating things like "Put muppet babies on DVD plz!" If Disney deems there is enough interest in a Box set for people to purchase it in relatively profitable numbers, they will begin to release them. Also another important note. There is a website that many companies go to for reference, which is TVShowsonDVD.com basically you go to the website, register, then vote for which TV shows you would like to see in either Box Sets, best of compilations, or individual episodes.

Many Box sets have that website to thank for their releases (2 of them being Thundercats and He-man.) Shows that fall into the top 100 rankings become targets for companies to consider releasing. Not too long ago, GBHQ.com made a voting campaign to bring the Cartoon "The Real Ghostbusters" into the top 100 from the 180th ranking it was in earlier in the year. Thanks to that it has now ranked 92nd of over 7000 TV shows people want to see on DVD. Sony is apparently beginning to consider releasing them and is including two of the cartoons with the new ghostbusters gift set being released this coming month. Just something to consider.

If you really wish to see Muppet Babies in DVD box set form (I know I do) I encourage all of you to make your voice heard. At the very worst Disney will at least know how you feel as opposed to not knowing at all. Thanks for reading my obscenely long post.

Movies205

Reaction score
I think rests on how well TMS Box Set does and that seems to be doing awesome so I woudln't be surprised down the line if we see MB sets because there's obviously a huge muppet fanbase out there, and in actuallity they have people that are sole TMS fans and MB fans, and then most of us are both but none the less down the line disney will probably release soemthing of MB.

jamminjake

Reaction score
What is the email address for Disney? I will write, but they don't care.

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
Here's some encouraging news guys:

Disney announced today they are releasing the first box sets of Ducktales and Chip N'Dale Rescue Rangers!!!!!

Credit to ultimatedisney.com and tvshowsondvd.com for this one.

I am begining to think its a matter of "when" and not "if" anymore.

jamminjake

Reaction score
That is what I submitted to Tvshowsondvd, dvdtoons, animatedbliss. lol I have acompished the word getting around. I think this greatly increases Muppet Babies chances of being on DVD.