Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Ernie you do need to chill.But i for one dont wanna see a muppet babies dvd because it 1# it would be edited .2#it will problably be a rip off disk with 3 episodes.But this definantly should be on tv. :smirk:

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
I dunno personally i would be thrilled just to get it back on tv. I'll make the dang recordings myself.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno... Disney has the rights to the series, and I guess they could find a way to make a buck off of it.

I lost the oppertunity to get the large plush with DVD's... I waited for the price to go down, but once they were like 2 dollars off, they sold out.

Rights, schmights. Disney was able to get the rights for the clips back in the 90's, with the Diz/Henson partnership, why the heck not now? It's not like they're an independant start up company, or nothin'!

I doubt seeing boxed sets, but maybe few eps on DVD would be sold....

SNLIM

Reaction score
disney has just deteriorated so much over the years it's ridiculous. i remember the days of when disney showed QUALITY movies (not made for tv crap with hillary duff and raven or made for television sequels or the latest 23rd land before time movie) without commercials... and the days when the gummi bear series, ducktales, and the rescuers were some of the main hit shows. disney's an increasingly greedy company- as much as i want to see muppet babies (as well as anything else henson/muppet from the 'golden days') back out in any form or fashion i know it'd be edited/butchered/doctored in a way that would be unappealing to the group of fans (such as those at this forum) who'd actually want to purchase it. even things that may seem trivial to some are such a big deal to others- i'm a film buff and it really gets my back up to see Muppet Treasure Island only offered in fullscreen format... yes at least it's out and it's in some type of format but you loose nearly 1/3 of the frame if it's not in widescreen! i delayed buying it for an eternity and finally had to break down and get it. ...something that just occured to me- why is it that something like "kermit swamp years" is available but not "muppet babies"... wow, what would jim have to say about what's happened over the years? *sigh*

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
Personally I think Jim would be ******. Alot of people dropped the ball after he passed away.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I was in the right u guys...

Don't you EVER SAY THAT! :mad: I watched the MB religiously from the day I was born until the day the MB died! I don't want to even talk about the day the Muppet Babies died; it is too emotional. So those of you who decided to do that, I was perfectly in the right to blast some ppl about MB not being on DVD b/c of the rights issues. Disney them-****ing-selves got all the rights to the clips they used on the show when they got those rites in the 90s. So don't go off on your little "dream-world" tangents!

BJ

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ernie, honey, calm yourself. We're only talking and chatting, and generally tossing the ball around as we tlak about these things. It's not like any of us are a. condeming the Muppet babies, or b. sayaing anything that would make the Muppet Babies any less amazing than they are. If anything you are teh one ruining this thread, dahlin.

What would Nanny say about that language of yours?

Bea:zany:{And why was Beau never made into a Muppet baby}regard

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Bert and Ernie certainly did not teach erniebert1234ss that language. Cool your jets, kid. Though I find inappropriate outrages amusing in some situations (I like Adam Sandler, what can I say?), this is not the place.

As for Muppet Babies DVD box sets, I'd be willing to bet that we're more likely to see Season sets of The Muppet Show before Muppet Babies is ever released.

maxdrive

Reaction score
manoftheSTREET said:
Haven't been to these boards in a while so the "Muppet Babies" section is new to me, but I don't think we'll be seeing "Muppet Babies" in season sets on DVD anytime soon.

Basically, it comes down to rights issues...They used so many movie and TV clips (as well as the occasional bits of music videos and news footage) that they would be paying practically every studio under the sun for rights to use the clips.

Also, another potential hold-up is the extensive usage of "Star Wars" trilogy clips. Let's bear in mind that Lucas isn't a fan of the older versions (when Han Solo shot first and the like) and if we won't be getting them on DVD, why would we get clips of them in season sets?

My prediction...If it does come to DVD, prepare for heavy-duty editing.

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

well msot of the movies clips are from there own movies and the star war stuff might be ok considering hensons and lucas's hystroy gearge lucus produced Labyrinth. so his stuff they could get fairly easly