Muppet Adventure: Chaos At The Carnival

Faylo

Reaction score
I recently dug up my NES and hooked it up. Being a Muppet fan the first game I played was MA:CATC (I'm too lazy to spell it). I remember playing this game a lot when I was younger and finding it really hard, and I still kind of find it hard now (especially Gonzo's game)! My favourite part is Kermit's level. :smile:

Anyways, it's a really fun game.. did any of you play it? Also, it says it was released in 1990.. Does anyone know if it was released prior to Jim's death or was it before May? Thanks!

*goes off humming the tune in Fozzie's game*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah yes... That game has a fondness in my memories. There's already a thread about this in B/S/T BTW.
My favorite level was Fozzie's... What me and my brothers used to do was go into Gonzo's level and ace it the first time around. Then, we'd go back in, save Camilla when she drops from the heavens to build up our extra lives total, and then press the exit button to get out without sacrificing that extra life.
The one thing we never got to do was finish it, as Kermit seemed a bit too fat to maneuver in the final level... Always got killed off by a flaming rolling boulder at the opening steps.
So, if you know how that final level plays out... Please post in details. Thanks, have a good day.

Faylo

Reaction score
I haven't ever finished the entire game, but from what I remember from watching my cousins play it is that after you finish the 4 levels you go into Dr. Grump's cave as Kermit.. He's armed with a feather. You have to go and jump over fireballs and firepits (similar to Mario) and then bats and ants. After that you have to go fight a Grumpsaurus (who you battle by tickling him until he falls off the edge) and then Dr. Grump. From what I remember Dr. Grump is very easy to beat as long as you were guarded by a brick. After that there's a short ending which I can't remember. :frown:

At least it's not "You're pig's in another carnival!" : )

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean Doc Hopper... I think.
And yes... The point of the game was that the Muppets had to rescue Piggy locked away in the castle. To get to the castle, you needed to get the four keys, earned after beating the individual rides/levels.
But like I said, we were never able to get past the opening moment in the castle level due to Kermit's bulky appearance.

Faylo

Reaction score
^ Well, according to my manual/the beginning of the game it says Dr. Grump. Oh well. :stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Like I said... Could be wrong... It could very well be Dr. Grump.
Have an old Nintendo strategy textbook with that game... And I have to say, this was much better than the basic SS games.

Faylo

Reaction score
Oh definitely. I also have Big Bird's Hide and Speak which is a good game for kids. My 4-year-old cousin loves it. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... I have The Count's Countdown. The levels are OK... Particularly the first one on the streets of NYC/Sesame and the last one in the castle.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I have played this game! I have a bunch of NES games that my husband put on my computer and this is one of them. And it's hard! I think I also have the one that you're refering to Ed. It's kind of cute. I've also got some sort of Cookie Monster Atari game, it's kind of fun too.