1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

MR's Fozzie Prototype found!

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by muppetperson, Jul 11, 2011.

1. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Fozzie is gone.Stuart, did you buy him?
  2. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

LOL...afraid not! Negotiations broke down and when the price doubled it became clear that the guy was either delusional or really didn't want to sell it, I sincerely believe it was the latter! Oh well :(
  3. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I wonder if someone from DisneyUK discovered him and either bought or confiscated him, lol. Cool that Markit got to take a pic with Fozzie while he was still on display though.
  4. muppetperson

All that I know is that he is in the process of being sold.If it was Disney UK, they would be able to buy it straight away.
  5. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Lol, most definitely. Disney's got some of the deepest pockets on Earth! :D Now if only they'd raffle Fozzie off... and make sure I win him of course. ;)

But seriously, to whomever is buying that awesomely beautiful Fozzie that Terry made, congratulations!
    Muppet fan 123 and muppetperson like this.
  6. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

I am so super bummed that Fozzie or ANY other photo puppet ever got made. I was also looking forward to Rizzo from eFX, but then again...never happened. ON the RS forum (a Star Wars forum) We have a Q&A list going for Bryan at the moment...I know everyone on there is asking SW questions but this out of place person (me) asked if we are ever going to see another Muppet "anything" happen to eFX and are we going to see the photo puppets in the future. We are still waiting on all the Q&A's to get answered. I ain't giving up that soon. But I doubt that anything will come of it for the future other than another company take over and make them.

On that note of the Muppets....I am REALLY bummed that since the movie came out that there was nothing in the stores to promote the movie. Not one thing.....The photo puppets would have been a great comeback with the movie out and all.
    muppetperson and Muppetboy09 like this.
  7. muppetperson

Be interesting to see what Bryan has to say.....if he responds.
  8. muppetperson

9. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

$15,615???????? Man, that is like 15x the amount it would be sold for in mass production. But hey, a rare item is a rare item. I hope someone on MC is able to get their hands on him! Best of luck to you Stuart and any others who wish to purchase him!
  10. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Wow, they have the entire Palisades collection for a small fee of $4000. :eek: *Hey, mom, can I borrow $4000?* :concern:
    meepmuppaphones and muppetperson like this.
  11. ButchCat

ButchCat Active Member

Hi Guys,

This is amazing. Why didn't I get that much? "Whimper" "Whimper" Serously It says on the site that (there is an opening on his back from manufacture (this is not damage). This is not correct as I never left an opening in the back. There for it has been ripped or cut into. My guess is that it may have been the guys in china that did it to see how he was built before they backed out.

Good luck to whoever gets him.
    Muppetboy09 likes this.
  12. ButchCat

ButchCat Active Member

When I make a poser i leave no holes ;)
  13. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Terry! It's an honor to be speaking to you :D

Have you ever thought of making Posers for your own collection? I know with the talent you have, you would be able to build any character you wanted to!
  14. ButchCat

ButchCat Active Member

Hi Muppetboy,

I have made a Kermit poser for my mother and although I have made no posers for myself I have made a Kermit and Fozzie puppet for myself.

Way back when I made the posers for Master Replicas I was almost finished with making the head for my own Gonzo puppet but Master Replicas wanted to borrow it to help them show China how to make the head. I never saw that Gonzo head ever again and i didn't have anymore of that white foam that was the right size. Sadly to order foam from Rogers foam you must order no lower than $800.00 in foam. Too much for me and that was the end of my Gonzo puppet.

What have we learned? Never trust a company when they promise and swear that they will return something.

Later ye all.
    Muppetboy09 likes this.
  15. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

That's horrible! So much work down the drain! :sympathy:
  16. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

There's not a cat in a hot places chance that he'll get £12,500 for it - he's clearly either delusional or on "medication"! Bear in mind (pun intended!), he originally had it on the site for months and months at £5,000 with no takers, so the logic of more than doubling the price is crazy!! We've just been through a period where the Muppets have been back in the public consciousness for the first time in years - if it was going to sell, it would have been during the height of this exposure. That level of interest will be on the wain up until the release of the sequel unless Disney have plans to create TV specials, constant web videos etc etc in the interim to maintain the current popularity. I may be proved wrong, but I highly doubt it!
  17. Rugby

Rugby Member

Terry, nice to see you on the boards again! Say, I am the guy that ended up with Randolph the Red-Nosed Monster. His eyes have been somehow scratched or smudged in two places(through lots of use, but he's still in great condition). They look like black marks. I thought of touching them up with paint, but was wondering if you could recommend what brand/color I should use to do this(maybe private message if possible?)

I also wanted to let you know I used Randolph(along with my Kermit poser and real 8x10 autograph of Jim) to do a speech on Jim Henson and the Muppets in a speech class I took this spring(went back to school after being laid off a year ago), using him to show the class what a hand/rod puppet was along with giving you full credit as the creator. They were absolutely thrilled. You should have seen everyone's eyes light up, people from 16 into their 50's. It was a huge success! It was a lot of fun and I ended up with a perfect grade. I have had so much fun with Randolph over the years. I just wanted say hello and thank you again for your wonderful piece of work.

Cheers,
    Bob
    aka Rugby