Mr. Poodlepants in new Xmas Movie

Sweetums74

Reaction score
Gang,
I'm not really familiar with this character. From reading the messages, I've learned that he is from Muppets Tonight, performed by Steve, and not one of the more beloved "newer" characters. Looking in other areas of Muppet Central, I found that his picture is on Gonzo's cereal box in MFS.
I'm trying to figure out who this guy is in the NBC movie.

Is he the guy in "Cirque du so Lame"? who throws the glass ball at Kermit? This guy kinda looks like the pic on the cereal box, but I thought he was just one of the anything/whatnot Muppets (like most of the chorus girls).

Any help can be appreciated or even a pic of him from Muppets Tonight. I searched kermitage.com and even did a google image search and didn't come up with anything.

Thanks
C

Gonzo

Reaction score
Sweetums,

The guy who throws the ball at Kermit in "Cirque" is indeed the same puppet as Mr. Poodlepants, but without him talking, it's hard to say if it's "really" him. As far as I remember, Mr. Poodlepants always had his tongue sticking out of his mouth too, and I don't remember if "Cirque" guy had it.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn

radionate

Reaction score
Okay, I have a stupid question to tack on, since I haven't seen many episodes of MT (I know I know, I'm a bad Muppet fan)

Who was the dude with the Tuba in the pit of the theater? I didn't get to see the first 45 minutes of the movie (thanks Byron), so it might have been explained there. Is this the Poodle pants guy?

Gonzo

Reaction score
Nate,

Tuba-Guy (Kermit addresses him by name, but now I don't remember it) isn't Poodlepants. Never seen Tuba-Guy before, don't mind if I never see him again.

Tuba-Guy.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

radionate

Reaction score
So the purple human looking dude isn't Poodle pants?

Who is the Monster?

Who are these guys?

(If the link doesn't work, copy and paste it into another page)

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Nate,

Hey,
I havent seen the movie yet, it Airs Sunday 8th December here, So dont give nothing away.

But i really wanted that new Blue Frackle to be in it, He looks quite like Mo Frackle who was used on 'Family Feud'.

See ya

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I really wanted Moe the Frackle to be in it! i was not fond of that pig Harold, i don't see why Henson even put him in, his part seemed a little too long to, not that it was "long" but it could have been a lot shorter rather even edited out.

i would have much rather have seen the Swedish Chef do something more then the nothing he did in the seats. either that or clifford, phil, bean, rizzo, sweetums, or rowlf, who "if" they weren't in the specail (clifford and Phil) needed a little more time in it or some real lines.
Not some dumb pig that was only seen in UK MT skits, i don't know if he was on MT other then that, but he hasn't been in anything else, they might as well used Andy and Randy or Seymore for the matter.

Zack)Rowlf the, can we have all the real muppet characters on one side and Mr. Poodle pants, Bill the Bubble guy, Harold the Pig, Spamala, HasleHog on the other side to be put into the fire place....thank you...oh and that goes for some of the background street muppet people or whatnots in MCC and MTI, maybe a "few" JHH characters too...thanks again.... start the fire!Dog.

radionate

Reaction score
Re: Nate,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
Hey,
I havent seen the movie yet, it Airs Sunday 8th December here, So dont give nothing away.

But i really wanted that new Blue Frackle to be in it, He looks quite like Mo Frackle who was used on 'Family Feud'.

See ya
Then stay out of the threads that might give something away Mr. Long Hair! :wink:

scarecroe

Reaction score
I didn't know who Poodlepants was either, but apparently he's seated in the theatre, of the two highlighted here, on the left.

Does anyone know who the guy on the right is?