MR Kermit - how much does the box weigh? +Other international questions

goobaa

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Due to my own interest and on the behalf of others I'm trying to determine the best way of getting a Master Replicas Kermit into Australia.

The first information I need is the weight of the MR packaging (not the outer shipping box but the box with illustrations, etc.) with Kermit inside. One eBay retailer told me Kermit was 6lb and in the packaging 16lb. Whereas MR list a whopping 30lb on their site. Unfortunately my post count doens't let me link there.

Which is correct?

Also, do these dimensions sound correct for the box?:
30.5x14.5x14.5

Finally, I ask the help of other non-North Americans who have already purchased one. Did you buy it locally (if so, where from), or did you import it yourself (if so, where from)? If you imported one yourself, how much did shipping end up costing?

Whilst the price of Kermit may seem high, it is actually quite reasonable in the Sideshow/MR/Gentle Giant etc. world. However it seems like shipping's really going to be the killer.

muppetperson

Reaction score
They are available in Australia for around $400.Enquirer at the bigger Toy Worlds if they can order one in for you or try Superwarp collectibles(Joh)
(03)50329701

goobaa

Reaction score
Thanks.

It is looking like buying locally will be the best way to go. The size of the box would make postage very expensive. I'm still interested in knowing the weight so I can a firm idea of what importing would actually cost, though.

Do you know any specific Toy World's I can try? There are none that I come across in my normal travels so a couple of specific stores to check with would be handy.

BTW, do you know who is distributing these locally? figuremania.com.au, who normally import MR stuff, aren't importing him. I have a retailer friend who'd love to know where he could buy them (and I would too, because it may mean a better price for me :wink:).

Bear Man

Reaction score
The MR website has the weight listed on there...I'm too lazy to go check, but from memory it was about 30lbs - around 15 kilos.

The DHL on this to London was almost as much as the Frog himself, so I ended up having him shipped to a US friend (free shipping from MR) and then she posted him on to me via USPS. Only took 7 working days to get to me and the added benefit was that I was able to avoid the import duties since it was classed as a gift. If you have any US contacts I'd strongly recommend that as the way to go. In my experience with UK customs you can occassionally get by with no import taxes, but in Australia they always used to charge me :-(

muppetperson

Reaction score
goobaa said:
Thanks.

It is looking like buying locally will be the best way to go. The size of the box would make postage very expensive. I'm still interested in knowing the weight so I can a firm idea of what importing would actually cost, though.

Do you know any specific Toy World's I can try? There are none that I come across in my normal travels so a couple of specific stores to check with would be handy.

BTW, do you know who is distributing these locally? figuremania.com.au, who normally import MR stuff, aren't importing him. I have a retailer friend who'd love to know where he could buy them (and I would too, because it may mean a better price for me :wink:).
OK, Kermit is distributed in Australia by Sports Cards Distributers.He weights close to 5KGs and the Toy Worlds are the ones that have a collectables department.If you go onto the toyworld website, it lists the stores and wether they are a collectables store.Superwarp(Swan Hill) could probably get you one for $370 including postage to you.

goobaa

Reaction score
Thanks for the futher info. Are your sure Sports Cards Australia (i.e. figuremania.com.au) are distributing him? I emailed them and they said they would not be importing any.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I asked Master Replicas who is distributing Kermit in Australia, and they came back and told me Sports Cards distributors.I didnt realise that was all the same company as figuremania.com and Card mania/Sports Cards.Obviously they are getting distributed, so either the person at figuremania didnt know or Master Replicas have split their distributors agent.Maybe email them again to confirm that or ask who is distributing Kermit? Let us know how you go.