Motocross Mix-Up

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Swamp? What swamps are there in New York? :confused:
Thank you Gina, this made me smile throughout. Yes, I knew they'd be going to Sesame Street... But I also said I wouldn't ruin it for other readers, so I was waiting for you to come out and post it like you did in this installment to thank you for it.

It never fails me to see how people will say they "hate" Elmo, taking into account the fact the little red monster's been part of the street since the mid to late 80's. Yes, it does feel like he's taken over the street at times, but I try to keep an open mind. The whole Elmo's World wouldn't be so obnoxious if they'd dropped the "ask a baby" and end song—can it really be called a song if you're just repeating the topic of the episode over and over to the tune of Jingle Bells? But I digress.

Funny how Piggy and Gonzo are loathing the fact they're on Sesame Street. And that they ended up meeting the one person who is crazier than Gonzo, Grover. Me likes this very much.
Post more when possible. *Leaves virtual chocolate doughnut.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Okay, really quickly as I try to get our lines working at work. Again, I meant to post this last night, but you know I had to go to bed!

“Gonzie baby!”

“Hey!” Gonzo said, trying to bring up as much enthusiasm as he could. “Grover, buddy. Package. Can’t hug ya.”

“Piggy baby!”

“Don’t touch me,” was the curt response. “Don’t even talk to me.”

“What brings such fancy folks like yourselves to Sesame Street?”

Grover, the very ‘cute and furry monster’ of Sesame Street, had been the very subject that Piggy had once spoken of as being crazier and zanier than Gonzo. They weren’t sure what it was – either his over the top personality that could even put Piggy to shame; his perfection of clumsiness and bringer of catastrophes that made what Fozzie did seem tame; or the obvious multiple personalities that could rival the entire Muppet Show in just one person – they didn’t know.

“Well,” Gonzo replied. “It just so happens that Kermit sent us down here to deliver this package. In person.”

“Froggy baby!?”

“Yeah, that’s the guy,” Gonzo nodded. Looking at the monster and then down at the package, the daredevil had a wonderful idea. “Hey Grover, how’d you like to make a dollar?”

“Gonzo,” Grover stated, grabbing the blue Muppet on the arm. “I cannot take your money. You are my friend and as such, I – as cute and loveable personality – must decline and shall do you a favor! For free!”

“Sure, we can do this for free,” the daredevil said. “Look, we just need you to deliver this package to whoever is on the address here.”

“Oh but Gonzo!” the monster preened. “I am very sorry, but I cannot do that!”

“Why not?”

“Because I am not a delivery monster!” Grover explained. “I have been many things in my vast career as a cute and adorable monster; I have been an actor, an artist, a baker, a bus driver, a Christmas tree salesman, a clerk, a conductor, a diplomat, a doctor, a daredevil, a detective, an elevator operator, a falafel vendor, a…”

As Grover went through his long list of varied careers, both Piggy and Gonzo essentially had the same thought.

This guy was a doctor!? Those poor people!

Gonzo was so entranced at the various things that the blue monster had done that he couldn’t help but be awed. The guy had certainly done more things that Gonzo had and they certainly were every bit as off the wall as Gonzo certainly was and the daredevil was seriously considering that he wasn’t the lunatic that everyone thought he was.

Just as he was about to hand over his crown of sheer lunacy over, Piggy took the moment to stop the entire employment history.

“Grover,” she began, removing the shades and looking at the monster directly. “Moi hopes she wasn’t too out of line with her introduction.”

“Was there another person here that I did not see?” the blue monster asked.

Piggy barely restrained herself from rolling her eyes. “I’m talking about me,” she said, sending a tight smile towards the monster. “I know you and Kermit are so very close…”

“Oh, the closest!”

“Yes,” she said. Stepping up next to him, she purred, “Then I’m sure you could understand how important it would be for him to know that someone as nice and helpful as you could make sure this package gets to where it needs to go. And I would certainly be very appreciative if you could do this for us.”

Gonzo tried and failed to hold back the smile on his face as he watched Piggy. There was a reason she was their whole marketing and promotion department; no one could charm people the way Miss Piggy could. Oh, she amplified the term ‘diva’ to new heights accordingly, but when she needed to turn on the charm, she did so with bright lights blaring.

And the daredevil certainly couldn’t say that he hadn’t been a victim; heck, even Kermit could easily fall under her sway should Piggy demand him too. Try as they might, no one was ever immune from the pig’s charms.

Grover looked to be the exception, but one bat off those baby blues and the ‘cute and friendly monster’ had been hooked. “Anything for you, Piggy baby,” he sighed, dreamily.

"Aw, thanks, Grover," she said, stroking his fuzzy arm slightly.

Gonzo handed over the package, just as Grover announced, “This might be a job for Super Grover.”

“Sure,” the weirdo nodded, watching as the blue monster quickly hurried to find a phone booth or some other inconspicuous hiding spot in order to change to his alter ego. Giving a sly look to the pig, Gonzo whispered, “You are so bad.”

Replacing the shades on her face, Piggy responded with, “I so already know that.”

The two began to head off the block known as Sesame Street towards getting a cab and back to the land where they were more familiar. “You do know I like that in a woman?” Gonzo continued, only getting a huff from his companion. “Seriously, what does the frog have that I don’t?”

“One word, Gonzo,” she replied. Looking at him, she lowered the shades enough to view him directly. “Me.”

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay... You get serious approval for this last segment.

The whole bit with Piggy removing her shades and charming Grover, that just confirms my monster casting for her as Medusa to keep her close to Kermit.
The only concern I have is I hope Grover gets that package to Hooper's Store. And will we find out what the package is? And how will the frog react when he finds out, cause you know Boss Frog will inevitably find out who actually delivered his package.
*More please. *Leaves a reminder for Gina to the choc doughnut left for her.

You didn't eat it did you Cookie?
:insatiable: No, me already got chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. They flatter than cookies, but next best thing. Plates delicious too.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
It never fails me to see how people will say they "hate" Elmo, taking into account the fact the little red monster's been part of the street since the mid to late 80's. Yes, it does feel like he's taken over the street at times, but I try to keep an open mind. The whole Elmo's World wouldn't be so obnoxious if they'd dropped the "ask a baby" and end song—can it really be called a song if you're just repeating the topic of the episode over and over to the tune of Jingle Bells? But I digress.
Funny you should mention that. I have hated Elmo since about high school, when he was all the rage and basically took over Sesame Street. Elmo's World takes up 45 minutes of the hour long Sesame Street. That is ridiculous, in my opinion.

Ironically, when I had shown "Follow That Bird" to my friend's 3 year old, I realized that Elmo WAS in that movie, though I think I liked him best then - when he was rarely seen and didn't speak.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Okay... You get serious approval for this last segment.

The whole bit with Piggy removing her shades and charming Grover, that just confirms my monster casting for her as Medusa to keep her close to Kermit.
The only concern I have is I hope Grover gets that package to Hooper's Store. And will we find out what the package is? And how will the frog react when he finds out, cause you know Boss Frog will inevitably find out who actually delivered his package.
*More please. *Leaves a reminder for Gina to the choc doughnut left for her.

You didn't eat it did you Cookie?
:insatiable: No, me already got chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. They flatter than cookies, but next best thing. Plates delicious too.
Dude, you're quick!

Um....we'll probably not see what's in the package, but the whole scene did inspire an ending to the fic overall that you might like. Boss Frog will then discover Grover's role sorta.

I did not see said doughnut, which is good to have it now cause I haven't eaten breakfast yet. Or rather, I've forgotten to eat breakfast.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:smile: Oh good.

Er, Elmo's World only takes up the last 15 minutes of the show. I think the international markets do Sesame better in having the individual segments bundled as an extra half-hour presentation. Too bad we can't go back to the format from Seasons 30-32 that aired on Noggin where the street story's spread throughout the majority of the episode, animated inserts and special stuff like Abby's Flying Fairy School or Super Grover 2.0 thrown in, and then segway to the new Elmo: The Musical which will replace Elmo's World starting with the 43th season premiere this Monday.

Meh. *Shrugs. *Moves on to other fics/threads.

Misskermie

Reaction score
LOL
Piggy's last line had me in stitches!
Call Dr. Bob! LOL

And I love how Piggy manipulated Grover.
HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
I just hope this doesn't go wrong!

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Hey Mup Cen! Happy Sunday to ya! So here is not one, but two updates cause I'm thinking I'm gonna be busy with like three or four classes starting Monday, not to mention the two classes that started last week. So yeah, gonna be a bit busy. But, you'll see from the segments that we're getting into our mystery proper.

There's also a familiar cameo here, if you catch it. This ends chapter four -

One week later

The Pasadena Police Department handled many of the crimes and misdemeanors that came across their desks in and around the city of Pasadena, CA. Officer Chesney Hollertz and Det. Lucky Day had been on the force for a combined total of six years and twenty-seven days.

Both Muppet officers were a rarity within the police department; Muppets normally didn’t go out for such dangerous jobs, especially not on the mean streets of Cali, but these two officers felt a purpose bigger than themselves and ultimately decided that their calling was with law enforcement. While Hollertz was still the rookie in the field, Day had been around for six years in Pasadena, following an astounding ten years with the San Diego Police. The last week had seen both officers assigned to the Ocean Prince Museum break-in that had happened earlier the previous week.

In most cases of museum robberies, the culprit or culprits usually stole more than just one item, however in this case, only that of the Rheingold Ruby held any significance. The two officers had been checking and cross-checking the scene, looking for any type of clue that could tell them who the culprits were and where the ruby had gone.

Sitting back at their desks at headquarters, Chesney – a country boy from Idaho who had moved to California when he was younger with a sandy blonde crew cut that had previously covered up brown eyes and a sincere smile – had been taking his lunch at his desk when Day had walked in.

Day was somewhat of a grizzled cop, the kind that had seen too much, too soon, and wondered if life had any meaning. He had been born in New York and had lived there, doing odd jobs, usually in the clerical and office environment, but at some point he had decided that he would go into law enforcement. No one had really ever learned the reason why the bald, blue Muppet with the brown moustache had left NYC and turned to being an officer, other than some horrific experience with a restaurant waiter, whom Day felt was a ‘menace to society’.

Day sat down across from his partner and looked him in the eye.

“There was more than one.”

“Say what, boss?”

“There was more than one robber at that museum heist,” Day replied. “Forensics came back on some shoe prints and it’s clear there was at least four or five people in there.”

“Oh!” Chesney replied, sitting up straight and looking through a file on his desk. “Sorry to go off topic, but I got those files on those recent murders; you know, those two kids and that jewel thief?”

“Kid,” Day sighed. “How does that do anything for what we’re working on?”

“Well,” Hollertz said. “That jewel thief was murdered, maybe he was there with the group. And those kids, well…I knew some guys who sometimes got way over their heads, you know? Maybe…maybe they got mixed in this or knew someone who was.”

Day sat back in his chair. He had been apprehensive in getting this small town kid as his partner, but there had been times when the kid had insights that Day hadn’t thought of or hadn’t thought of in years.

“You might have something there, Chez,” he murmured. “Got a theory?”

“Well, let’s see,” the younger Muppet began. “Let’s say that this jewel thief, this uh…” Here he reached for the folder on the deceased. “David Dickens, decides that he wants this priceless ruby, right? Well, he goes about and hires a team that include these other kids.”

“I see where you’re going,” Day interrupted. “They go in and get the ruby, with Dickens planning on pinning the robbery on them, but then Dickens gets plugged.”

“But by who?”

“Probably by the same guy who killed the teens.”

“You don’t think it was Dickens?” asked Chesney.

“If it was,” Day said. “Then why was he killed? I think you’re on to something, kid, but I have a feeling it’s bigger than Dickens and these dead kids. How does that one movie line go? About the master and apprentice?”

Chesney smiled. “Always two, there are,” he said, his voice changing to that of a small green, Force using alien. “A master and an apprentice.”

“Right,” Day said, nodding. “I think we’ve found the apprentices; now we need the master.”

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Chapter V

One week later

With the excitement of a potential lawsuit and the experience on Sesame Street behind them, Miss Piggy was more than happy to get on with what was important – and that was planning out her scenes for that week’s show.

She wasn’t particularly bothered by the whole lawsuit thing; she trusted Scooter and therefore, trusted his judgment when it came to his lawyers. She’d be lying if she thought she and Gonzo would get off scott free; after all she did start that fight, but as far as she was concerned, La Chance deserved it.

Piggy wasn’t worried, at least not in terms of Scooter keeping the troublesome twosome out of trouble; she was worried however about Kermit. This new relaxed stance of his was a bit disconcerting to her; so very used to driving him into an arm waving, frustrating building eruption that had caused many a Muppet to flee in terror was…disappointing.

If she did say so herself, she was quite good at bringing him to that point – and others – but this new laid back Kermit, who only punished them by sending them to his old home of Sesame Street, was just weird.

And speaking of the frog, her musings were cut short when she heard a knock on her dressing room door and saw it open to reveal the very frog of her thoughts. “Busy?” he asked, his head poking through the door.

“Just thinking about you,” was her retort.

Coming through the door and then closing it behind him, Kermit replied, “I’m not sure if I should be excited or…” he trailed off, with an interesting look on his face. “Sorry, I seem to have lost my thought.”

“I am good at making you do that.”

“Incredibly so,” he said.

He walked over to where she sat at the vanity and leaned against it. This had become a familiar stance between the two since the return of the Muppets and that of their show; both frog and pig had seemed to gradually move pass their troubled past that had always been so tumultuous as it had been romantic.

“All set for the show?” he asked.

“Rowlfie and I plan on going over our song in about thirty minutes,” she replied. “He’s working on his piece with the Mayhem.” Kermit nodded. “You didn’t come up to check on my set numbers, did you?”

“I didn’t know I needed an excuse to come up here and see you,” he smirked.

“You normally don’t,” she quipped. “Hence why I asked.”

“Wanted to first, thank you for delivering that package for me,” he began. “I know you hate going to Sesame Street unless under duress…”

“Which this was.”

“So thank you,” he continued. “Secondly, I thought you’d like to know that we’re working on getting those assault charges of yours dropped. La Chance probably won’t want you anywhere near him, but at least you won’t get sent to prison. Again.”

“Please,” she huffed, good naturedly. “Wasn’t that prison uniform the reason for our first marriage?”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“I’m sure,” she said. “Thank you; and I’m sorry I seem to cause you all this trouble.”

“I have learned, Miss Piggy,” the frog stated. “That for every… dangerous and criminally deviant thing that you do, you do it because of the goodness that you have in your heart and nothing as deceptive that Royce La Chance would like to present.”

“You’re getting maudlin in your old age,” she whispered, giving him a demure smile and a slight squeeze on his thigh.

“I think the word you’re looking for is romantic.”

Standing and leaning towards him, she whispered, “That too.”

As the two moved closer, the tone of receiving a text message registered on Piggy’s phone. Stopping, Kermit continued to gaze at her, while Piggy took a glance at her phone. “One of your many suitors?”

“Just Gonzo,” she whispered, leaning towards him again.

This time, their lips only touched once before Piggy’s phone actively began to ring. “He is the most persistent of suitors,” Kermit growled, pulling away reluctantly.

The diva managed to stifle her own growl, instead using to answer her phone. “What do you want?”

“Hey,” Gonzo replied. “Could you come down here for a second? I need another set ears for this and you’ve got the best hands down right now.”

“No,” she said, quickly. “I’m busy.”

“Oh come on!” the weirdo complained. “Whatever it is you and Kermit are doing in your dressing room or his office can easily wait. Besides, that’s what you have a house for.”

“This coming from a person who is no longer allowed in elevators.”

“The elevator got stuck,” Gonzo stressed. “That was not our fault. We do not have control over electrical devices and their ability to work. And besides, we weren’t even in that elevator! That, however, is beside the point; will you just get down here? I swear, ten, fifteen minutes and you can get back to doing whatever it is you’re doing to Kermit up there.”

The diva sighed, giving a sidelong glance to her longtime boyfriend. “Fifteen minutes, Weirdo,” she said, hitting the bright red ‘end button’ that ended their conversation. “I don’t suppose I could take a rain check?”

Standing, Kermit began to make his way towards the door, effectively seeing himself out. “You know where I am,” he said.

“I make a point of knowing where you are, Frog.”

“I’ve noticed,” he smirked. “Don’t be late with Rowlf. And as long as the two of you are together, perhaps you can find Janice and maybe work on those Vet’s Hospital skits; you know, maybe rehearse one, just for the sake of rehearsing.”

“No,” she said. “Probably not gonna do that last thing.”

“Well, I tried,” the frog sighed. “See ya later.”

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for not posting anything last night...

Last bit of Chapter IV:
Lucky Day, another Mr. Johnson (Fat Blue) variant character, nicely done grasshopper.
Sounds like the cops are starting to tighten the noose as they pick up on the threads of the story.

Chapter V:
You're definitely improving and learning how to portray the frog and pig relationship.
Cute that Gonzo still proves to be a pest of himself in your ficverse interrupting the moment.

Thanks for posting. :smile: