Mostlikemokey's one shots

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
To give my readers something to read in between posts of my larger fanfic, here are some- okay one- of my onreshots. I think other authors have collected thier one shots into one thread before, right? Anyway, here's one from Fraggle Rock, set when the gang were kids. Enjoy!

How Boober Learned to Love Laundry.

“Gobo!” said Mokey, “Boober’s hiding again!”

Gobo sighed. The odd Fraggle wasn’t from around here, though he claimed to be. It had been a year since they had met, and he was still scared of many things around the Rock that other Fraggles considered ordinary.

“I’m coming,” he said, picking up his backpack and easing it onto his shoulders.

They found Boober in the corner of Squeaky Cavern, shuddering.

“What’s wrong Boober?”” said Mokey.

“Yeah, What’s wrong with you now, crazy?” said Red contemptuously.

“Red!” said all the Fraggles as Boober began to cry, muttering and pointing at a nondescript piece of cloth on the floor.

“Fine, fine, let me look,” said Red, concerned. Boober was so strange. He was loath to play or jump or sing. He had nightmares that he wouldn’t talk about. All in all, he might as well have come from Outer Space. She got down on her hands and knees to inspect the object of Boober’s fear. It was a sock.

“Oh, no! “ she cried, “I forgot to do the laundry!”

She still had no idea how or why she had ended up with that job while Boober got to clean the pool.

As she started to put the sock into the water, she saw Boober watching her. He rarely takes his eyes of the floor, Red thought.

“What?” she snapped, irritated. The sock’s color was bleeding now- she kept forgetting to put the colors in the cold water instead of the water she’d heated up beforehand.

“Nothing…It’s just… could you teach me to do that?”

Uh, sure.” said Red “First you put it here…”

“You don’t have a clue what you’re doing, do you?” Boober took the sock from Red, his first bold act. .

“And you don’t have a clue how to clean the pool.”

Boober silently began to work the soap over the sock until it lathered into foam.

“Hey, you’re pretty good at this.”

“Mm,” said Boober, not really listening, his head bent over the sock.

“Wanna trade jobs?”

Fin