Most Un-Funny Muppet Show...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I just posted at the Most Violent, but it reminded me of the episode that "I" think is most un-funny, and makes me post this thread.

I thought the episode with the British actress who takes over the show and turns it into a pirate ship was most unfunny. I can't think of her name, or why it was unfunny...it just was...not funny.

What do you all think was the most unfunny show?

FOZ

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I think that a lot of the first season episodes just aren't funny (the Sandy Duncan episode is exhibit A)...

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear, the episode you're thinking of is Glenda Jackson. Personally I loved that episode, but to each his own.

I also think some of the first season episodes aren't funny, like Lena Horne and Peter Ustinov. I like the Sandy Duncan episode though.

The Joan Baez isn't very funny IMO- too preachy, tries to hard, reminds me a lot of MT.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Hmmm. Do you mean episodes that aren't "meant" to be funny or episodes that were supposed to be funny, but weren't?

Salmoto

Reaction score
I think all of the episodes of the Muppet show are funny, only in the first season, I was so glued to the presence of a character like George or Mildred that I'd be so busy scratching my head and going "Who's that?" to appreciate the humor.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2002
Hmmm. Do you mean episodes that aren't "meant" to be funny or episodes that were supposed to be funny, but weren't?
Sure, either will work...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

O.K., I'll get back to you on that one. I wanted to do some browsing at the "toughpigs" website.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I don't remember laughing at all during the Racquel Welsh episode, well except for the UK skit with Marvin Suggs and the Muppathons. I'll try to think of more.

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gorgon Heap
Fozzie Bear, the episode you're thinking of is Glenda Jackson. Personally I loved that episode, but to each his own.

The Joan Baez isn't very funny IMO- too preachy, tries to hard, reminds me a lot of MT.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
I agree with both these points - The Joan Baez episode is not one i would go out of my way to watch!!!

But I think it is also comes down to whether you are a fan of the type of person that is guest-staring on the show. With Joan Baez, I don't like her style of singing so the show isn't going to appeal to me like the Alice Cooper one for example.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Amy
But I think it is also comes down to whether you are a fan of the type of person that is guest-staring on the show.
I agree here, too...I liked the eps with Milton Berle and other good old oldies!

I was not to thrilled by the Joan Baez show either.

Wonder what else was unfunny episodes?