Most Touching Muppet Moments

Ruahnna

Reaction score
There are a couple of things that really move me:

Thing 1
One of them is the way that Kermit says, "Oh--Fozzie, no...." when he realizes that Fozzie has not paid off the bank and they are going to lose the theater. The moment is equally poignant when Kermit makes a point later of going to look for Fozzie so reassure his best friend and bear that his friendship is more important than material things.

Thing 2
When Kermit and Piggy are getting married, the lyrics of the song they sing never fail to move me. I know that some people have bought the recent PR that says Kermit and Piggy aren't married, but this is what they sang:

He’ll Make Me Happy

He’ll make me happy each time I see him
He’ll be the reason my heart can sing
He’ll stand beside me and I’ll have everything.

She’ll make me happy each time I hold her
And I will follow where my heart will lead
And she’ll be all I ever need.

Days go passing into years.
Years go passing day by day.

She’ll make him happy, now and forever,
Until forever their love will grow.
She only knows he’ll make her happy—
That’s all she needs to know.

They‘ll be so happy, now and forever—
Until forever, their love will grow
I only know he’ll make me happy—that’s all I need to know……

If Piggy can sing this song without knowing herself to be completely loved by Kermit, she is made of asbestos. And if Kermit can sing this song and not really love her....well, I knew he was an amphibian, but that would prove him truly cold-blooded.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
There are a couple of things that really move me:

Thing 1
One of them is the way that Kermit says, "Oh--Fozzie, no...." when he realizes that Fozzie has not paid off the bank and they are going to lose the theater. The moment is equally poignant when Kermit makes a point later of going to look for Fozzie so reassure his best friend and bear that his friendship is more important than material things.
That's a great paring of moments and I agree with you totally.

Misskermie

Reaction score
One of my favorite moments was when Kermit dressed up as Rosenthal, and he told her that underneath, She was still that beautiful sensible woman he was out with last night. My heart sank in a pool of sweetness!

Great Gommzo

Reaction score
I like Kermit's duet with Debbie Harry. Two of my favourite vocalists!

Puckrox

Reaction score
"My Way" from TMS always manages to choke me up. As does: "Saying Goodbye", the Finale of The Muppet Movie, Gonzo saying goodbye in Muppets From Space, random parts of Xmas Carol, and "Just One Person" in the tribute to Jim.

And if we want to go into Fraggle Rock territory, I think everyone can agree that the episode "Marooned" is the saddest one out there.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
And if we want to go into Fraggle Rock territory, I think everyone can agree that the episode "Marooned" is the saddest one out there.
I thought that until I watched "Gone but not Forgotten". But I'll admit, Marooned gets close. And both contain some great touching moments between the characters.

zoebell

Reaction score
hello! i'm new to the forum

i have to say, a moment that i found really touching is from the Fantastic Miss Piggy Special in '82, when Piggy sings "You Light Up My Life" directly to Kermit, who's watching in the control room, and then Gonzo tells him he's starting to glow

i love that whole special because i think that's the first time we know for sure that kermit loves piggy too, and you can't wave it off as them "acting" in a movie or anything. because it's the same universe as TMS with them backstage and stuff, producing her special, so it has to be canon

i don't know know if there were any hints of kermit actually liking her back on TMS itself, but in the stuff they did afterwards you start to see it. unless there was, and i'm just forgetting those moments?

it's funny, because i always wonder when it was that they "got together" if the movies were just acting and on the muppet show it was entirely one-sided. it happened at some point, because kermit kinda gave in, like around the mid-80's or something, and by then this special had definitely established his feelings for her in return. so i like to think it was somewhere between this special and MTM, lol.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
i have to say, a moment that i found really touching is from the Fantastic Miss Piggy Special in '82, when Piggy sings "You Light Up My Life" directly to Kermit, who's watching in the control room, and then Gonzo tells him he's starting to glow
That's a great moment and I agree, if that doesn't prove that the attraction is mutual nothing will. :smile: :mad:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I watched part of "The Christmas Toy" this morning and I think the part where Rugby is talking to Mew after Mew "dies" was so sweet.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
"And if we want to go into Fraggle Rock territory, I think everyone can agree that the episode "Marooned" is the saddest one out there.
That episode is so sad it's almost shocking. The scene where Red and Boober discuss what it's like to die is hard to take. I also don't know how anybody could watch Change In Address and not break out in sobs at the end.

As for Muppet moments, I've always been fond of this one.