Most Touching Muppet Moments

APRena

Reaction score
It's been said, but "Just One Person" makes me cry. Robin is so sweet. "Halfway Down The Stairs" makes me tear up a little, even though it isn't a particularly sad song.

bort

Reaction score
the Time In A Bottle song on the original Muppet Show. it freaks me out, emotionally, so i guess that makes it touching, eh?

Da Dogster

Reaction score
I would be honset The touching moment from the muppets had me in tears
back in 1990. When Jim henson past away Sesame street played I don't want to live on the moon it was a real good tribute to Jim and his magic.

unclematt

Reaction score
One I am surprised no one said is when Boober and Red get trapped and realize there is not enough air for the two of them and they think they are going to die together.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Who me? Well I haven't got anything out of the ordinary, just "Saying Goodbye" and the letters kermit got, plus I always get a bit teary when reading through Jim Henson: the works at the bit which says about jim henson dieing and has all these pictures little kids drew. Even though I was born much later its still touching to read about.:cry:

muppets2

Reaction score
yea saying goodbye was probably the most touching moment

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Who me? Well I haven't got anything out of the ordinary, just "Saying Goodbye" and the letters kermit got, plus I always get a bit teary when reading through Jim Henson: the works at the bit which says about jim henson dieing and has all these pictures little kids drew. Even though I was born much later its still touching to read about.:cry:
Same here. Born after Jim Henson/Richard Hunt died, but I still get very sensitive about it. :cry:

unclematt

Reaction score
Just a side note.

I love the fact that there are people on here that were born after Jim and Richards passings. I love the respect that is shown in these threads.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Do we have to stick specifically to classic muppets or can we do any Henson moment? Cuz one I have s in Pebble Pox Blues, when Boober picks Wembley up to carry him out of the cave Wembley sayd "What about the poison cacklers?" And Boober responds "Don't worry I'll carry them too." I always go aww at that moment.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I was just watching The Muppet Christmas Carol and a certain scene in the movie made me want to start this thread.

At the end of the movie where Scrooge gives his donation to Bunsen and Beeker, Bunsen says thank you I just wish we had something to give you, at which beeker takes off his scarf and gives it to Scrooge. I got to tell you I teared up for a second.:confused::eek:

I am sure there are several of you out there with similar Muppet moments. I would love for you all to share because I look forward to tearing up every time I read one.
Such a sweet moment. I thought of that part as I clicked here,and I agree with Just One Person. I'd like to add Kermit's concern for Miss Piggy in Muppet Family Christmas. He doesn't always show it,but he really does care about her. I was born after Jim and Richard died but I still know that Muppets were better while they were around. Wembley's remembrance of Mudwell Mudbunny in Gone But Not Forgotten. I also love the 'Old Friend Dear Friend' song from Christmas Toy and "When The River Meets the Sea" from Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas.