1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Most tearjerking moments

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by ErnieImitator, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Cookie fan New Member

That is heartbreaking, We really appreciate all his contributions that made this great show so unique. I saw "Things that I remember" for the first time very recently, and it tugged at my heart I can tell you that. If that was Frank Oz who performed Bert in that song, it must have touched his heart as well.
  2. Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

I'm sure everyone felt very emotional at the time. Thanks Will and SS Fan. No matter which one it was, it is still tear-jerking for me okay!
    :rolleyes:
  3. Ilikemuppets New Member

SS fan's right, but thank you for thanking me for trying to help.:D
  4. LincolnHeights New Member

Hey Guess what everybody! I recently found this clip on Youtube! It was recently posted. Here it is for those of you who haven't seen it.
  5. Big Bird Fan Member

Thanks for finding that! I hadn't seen it before, and that was definitely really sad. :(

Goes to show that even though people may not like modern day Sesame Street, there's still some gems in there.
  6. heralde Well-Known Member

Yup, especially when it mentions classic Sesame Street, hehe.

Just kidding, actually that was very touching. :)
  7. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Mr. Hooper's Death. I watched online, and it was so sad and sweet.
    I'm So Blue-I know it's from Follow that Bird, but it stars the Sesame characters.
  8. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Something that made me cry (besides the obvious Mr. Hooper's death episode) was a clip of a koala in a tree(it's old) & in the background "Rock-A-Bye-Baby" was being sung . Carroll Spinney was singing it but he sounded a lot like my father. When I heard it on You Tube I was bawling like a baby. (I'm not ashamed to admit I have tears in my eyes now.)
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  9. fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Mr. Hooper's death/Sad flower- it's amazing how something so sad can be so beautiful too.

I believe in little things, like you and me
    And just how big little things can be
  10. Nyperold Member

Agree with the flower one. Of course, now I know it was just dew (or possibly a recent watering), but... I guess I really thought it was crying. And this was a live-action clip, not a Muppet flower or animation.

And more recently, by which I mean early '90s and thereafter (although I'm not sure I saw it when it was first airing) was "It's All Right To Cry". Some of them made me want to pick them up and hug them. (But then, I'm not related or a known friend of their family, so maybe that wouldn't have been such a good idea...)