Most Inspirational Muppet Moment

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya!

Hey, we have the most tear-jerking Muppet Moment going in the forum, and I thought something more positive would be a good idea, too!!

What moments in Muppet history inspire you the most to create or just be very happy? :smile:

For me, I'd say it's the song The Rainbow Connection and it's reprise with The Magic Store ending of the Muppet Movie...what hits home though is Kermit's talk to himself in the desert:

"So I was wrong when I said I didn't promise anybody--I promised ME!"

Other songs like "You can't take No for an answer" also remind you to stay head-strong and hold fast to your dreams and never, ever give up.

How about you?

FOZ

Natalie

Reaction score
When I first saw this, right away I was thinking "You Can't Take No for an Answer", so that's cool that you think that too. I'll have to think about it more to see if I come up with anything else though, I mean, most muppet stuff inspires me!

Salmoto

Reaction score
In Muppet Treasure Island when Piggy thanks Kermit for saving him from falling to her doom, of course that's quickly ruined by the expression Kermit makes as he tries to hang on to Piggy's ample frame.

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
"I have a dream too... but my dream is about singing and dancing and making people happy!"

"Millions of people happy..."

Happiest. Movie. E-V-E-R. I think I've never smiled so much watching one film.

-SPEEGS

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Although its not really Muppety, some of the most inspirational words I've ever heard have come out of The Storyteller. I mean, John Hurt makes me want to cry tears of sheer joy every time I watch an episode. I mean, the Soldier and Death? You just can't beat it! That's because, the best place by the fire, was kept for...the Storyteller. :big_grin:

-Matt

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I have another inspiring moment: Ain't No Road Too Long from Follow That Bird!

"Don't look back don't you turn around
Just keep your eyes on where you're bound
and you're bound to get from here to there
Cause a dream can take you anywhere!"

Cantus also sings a song on Fraggle Rock and I can't remember the name of the song, but it also was inspirational to me.

FOZ

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Cantus Sings:

Let Me Be Your Song
Lose Your Heart and Its Found
Ball of Fire
Music Makes Us Real

...and a few other less recognized songs. Could be one of those that you're thinking of. :smile: Cantus Rock

-Matt

Beauregard

Reaction score
You can't take no for an answer.

Rainbow Conection.

And the end of Muppet Movie.

(*wispers* but Kirmits Swamp Years hasn't got this has it?)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Odd, ain't it?

Seems like there would have been more posts to the 'inspirational' Muppets thread than this.

Okay, another inspirational moment is when Kermit comes back during Manhatten Melodies after amnesia and starts getting excited about how there's suddenly more chicken dogs and bears and things...

Makes me want to run out on stage, but then I just hit the wall...

FOZ

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think that Most Inspirational dosn't sound as good as Most Tear-Jerking.

OK.

I always get a thrill run up and down my spine when Gonzo decides to stay behind in MFS.