Most evil Muppet movie villain?

Who's the most evil Muppet movie villain?

• Doc Hopper

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Nicky Holiday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ebeneezer Scrooge

• Long John Silver

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • K. Edgar Singer

• Rachel Bitterman

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • The Wicked Witch of the West

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Tex Richman

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I agree and he does get reformed at the end, the other villains here don't.
Actually,
SPOILER ALERT (If you haven't seen the new movie don't continue reading)
Tex Richman changes his ways when he gets hit by the bowling ball.

Princeton

Reaction score
He just used her. He has members of his own species to fool around with. Come on... like he totally wasn't with any of those girls that were swiping the baseball Diamond.
Well, I think we can count out Darla right off the bat; I swear she's a man in drag.

Anyway, something that nobody's mentioned about Doc Hopper is that he's a villain by what he's asking Kermit to do. By being his mascot, Kemit is an unwilling pawn in the extermination of his race. If you really think about it, it's rather frightening.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Anyway, something that nobody's mentioned about Doc Hopper is that he's a villain by what he's asking Kermit to do. By being his mascot, Kemit is an unwilling pawn in the extermination of his race. If you really think about it, it's rather frightening.
Actually even as a kid I found that amusing in a dark sort of way, how Doc Hopper doesn't seem to understand why in the world Kermit would possibly object to this, lol.

I mean at one point he seems to think Kermit's problem with the deal is that his restaurant chain is too small time! Lol.

Bottom line, he's this extreme caricature of the greedy, ambitious businessman where the only sense of honor he understands is money.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Actually even as a kid I found that amusing in a dark sort of way, how Doc Hopper doesn't seem to understand why in the world Kermit would possibly object to this, lol.

I mean at one point he seems to think Kermit's problem with the deal is that his restaurant chain is too small time! Lol.
Didn't stop Foghorn Leghorn from advertising for KFC! :eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
K. Edgar Singer was much too silly to take as a serious "evil villain" even if was wanting to cause harm to Gonzo. Nicky Hoilday was a threat for sorts for Miss. Piggy, but not so much as the Muppets to a whole, since he just wanted to steal the Baseball diamond.
Like I said I can't classify Singer as a villain, as what he's doing isn't really evil. Egotistical, sure, but he's doing what he thinks is right. It all comes down to antagonist vs villain. Sometimes the villain is the protagonist, sometimes a good guy is an antagonist.

On that note... I love how the antagonist in MTM isn't even a physical being! It shows that you don't even need a "bad guy" to come in and give the heroes a hard time. It was all about the struggles of trying to make it big. Failure was the antagonist.

So for me I'm thinking between Doc Hopper, Rachel Bittermen, or Tex Richman. All were acted and did what they did out of greed, so it's hard to really make a choice between those three. It's a hard choice, but I think I'm going with Doc Hopper, cause he did hire someone to cause harm to Kermit if he didn't agree to be his mascot. Yeah Tex Richman wanted to own the Muppets studio and name which makes him pretty bad, but he didn't set out to harm a Muppet or possibly kill one.
Yeah, Doc was far more concerned about getting his own way and winning. It wasn't fueled just by greed, but by his own personal vendetta and achieving what he feels he's entitled to. Somehow, I'd feel Doc would find another singing frog, one with out any scruples that would do anything for money... but he wants THAT specific frog. And it doesn't matter if he wanted Kermit to sell his species out, he wanted to kill Kermit for refusing him. That's a very psychotic true evil. Rachel and Tex would've tossed them out on the street... sure, they'd probably find a way to bounce back in time (in the case of The Muppets, they'd just change their name and start over)... but Doc's killing of Kermit would have stopped the movement right there. So there's a greater instance of urgency. Of course, even cutting out the cut sequence where Tex had a reason for hating the Muppets, he was the only one in the group that actually changed in the end (Bowling Ball injury or not)... both Doc and Rachel stormed off (or in Doc's case, running away), ending up empty handed and getting what they deserve. Tex seems to come out of the movie in the end a nice (though brain traumatized) guy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Let's not forget Pepe and Long John Silver's. :smile:

Like the stuff they served was fish... :big_grin: That chain lasted like a month here.

Plus, they didn't actually have Prawns on the menu... popcorn shrimp, yes, but Pepe clearly doesn't like shrimp.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Somehow, I'd feel Doc would find another singing frog, one with out any scruples that would do anything for money... but he wants THAT specific frog. And it doesn't matter if he wanted Kermit to sell his species out, he wanted to kill Kermit for refusing him.
What's really fascinating is that Doc Hopper has something in common with Kermit: they both have a dream they're desperately pursuing. The only difference is that Kermit realizes that people (or animals) are more important than a dream.