More SSL Commercials

CountFan1998

Reaction score
I've found ads for "Let's Be Friends", "Big Bird Goes Hollywood" and "Sleeping Birdie"!
Enjoy while videos last! They're being pulled down fast! (Sheesh, now I'm beginning to sound like those commercials... :smile:)

SSLFan

Reaction score
I loved Let's Be Friends. Probably one of my favorite shows after When I Grow Up.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
I loved Let's Be Friends. Probably one of my favorite shows after When I Grow Up.
What did you like about it? I know I've shared what I like about Let's Be Friends, but I'm sure we haven't heard your side of the story...

SSLFan

Reaction score
What did you like about it? I know I've shared what I like about Let's Be Friends, but I'm sure we haven't heard your side of the story...
Hmmm...where to begin? Well, for one, this show featured many characters you no longer or rarely see anymore in the stage shows and on the tv show itself such as Grundgetta, Hoots (those he's recently made a comeback), Snuffy, and one of my personal favorites, Roxie Marie. The story itself was very simple yet sweet - about making friendships and whatnot - and the songs used in this show were quite catchy, the "Let's Be Friends" song being one of my favorite SSL songs. The Night bug Boogie song was awesome to see (I LOVE the backlight numbers), and so was the Building Clubhouse medley (I was freaking EXCITED as this was Snuffy's first appearance onstage at this point in the show). Then of course was the Cleaning Cookie Monster's room number, and the selection of random a dad in the audience to come onstage and help (this always got a laugh from me). And as you've mentioned, the circus finale - which was just spectacular and almost any kids dream at that time (the circus AND Sesame Street? EPIC!) Elmo's disappearing trick at the end (he ended up on stage right when I saw it) definately was a showstopper. And I must admit, while Big Bird is my favorite, Elmo stole the show for me. He was cute and still played well with the ensemble cast of muppets. All in all, this show captured the true spirit of Sesame Street Live - singing, dancing, spectacular backdrops and lighting effects, catchy tunes, audience participation, an ensemble cast of wonderful characters, and just plain old FUN! If there's only one complaint, it's that Grover is completly absent in this show. Still, this show is definately one of SSL's finest.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Hmmm...where to begin? Well, for one, this show featured many characters you no longer or rarely see anymore in the stage shows and on the tv show itself such as Grundgetta, Hoots (those he's recently made a comeback), Snuffy, and one of my personal favorites, Roxie Marie. The story itself was very simple yet sweet - about making friendships and whatnot - and the songs used in this show were quite catchy, the "Let's Be Friends" song being one of my favorite SSL songs. The Night bug Boogie song was awesome to see (I LOVE the backlight numbers), and so was the Building Clubhouse medley (I was freaking EXCITED as this was Snuffy's first appearance onstage at this point in the show). Then of course was the Cleaning Cookie Monster's room number, and the selection of random a dad in the audience to come onstage and help (this always got a laugh from me). And as you've mentioned, the circus finale - which was just spectacular and almost any kids dream at that time (the circus AND Sesame Street? EPIC!) Elmo's disappearing trick at the end (he ended up on stage right when I saw it) definately was a showstopper. And I must admit, while Big Bird is my favorite, Elmo stole the show for me. He was cute and still played well with the ensemble cast of muppets. All in all, this show captured the true spirit of Sesame Street Live - singing, dancing, spectacular backdrops and lighting effects, catchy tunes, audience participation, an ensemble cast of wonderful characters, and just plain old FUN! If there's only one complaint, it's that Grover is completly absent in this show. Still, this show is definately one of SSL's finest.
Wow! That's a LOT of detail! I only remember seeing pictures of Cookie Monster's room and I definately remember Elmo appearing from the back of the theatre. Out of all three SSL shows I saw, I still remember plugging my ears in time for the confetti cannon finale... :eek: It's a shame Grover wasn't in the show, but I'm glad Hoots is making a comeback. Is Hoots reappeaing in any new episodes of SS?

SSLFan

Reaction score
Not that I know of. I just know he's in the new show Can't Stop Singing.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I never got to see any of these as a kid, and I don't even think that they do SS Live anymore.