More scandal rocking Sesame Street: Roscoe Orman leaves ex

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Roscoe Orman's wife is saying that he dumped her for a younger woman.

EXCLUSIVE: 'Sesame Street' star Roscoe Orman leaves ex 'destitute'

By STEPHANIE SMITH
Last Updated: 2:17 PM, March 28, 2013
Posted: 1:17 AM, March 28, 2013

“Sesame Street” favorite Roscoe Orman, who appeared on the show as lovable dad Gordon, has left his longtime partner, Sharon Orman, “destitute” after he abandoned her for another woman, she exclusively claims to Page Six.

Roscoe, who for 30 years played father figure Gordon Robinson and still makes occasional appearances, is being accused of cheating on Sharon, with whom he has four children. In 2010, she says she found pictures on his phone of much younger Kimberley Lamarque, whom he wed in December 2012.

Since then, Sharon claims Roscoe has had no contact with his kids nor given money nor support to her — because while they were together for 40 years they never legally married.

Sharon and Roscoe Orman
SEE: MORE OF ORMAN'S ALLEGED DOUBLE LIFE

“I want people to know he’s been living a double life,” Sharon told us. “I gave up my career to raise the kids and never cheated on him. I am the one who made him a ‘Sesame Street’ dad. This is what I get after 40 years? You can leave me now?”

While Gordon was a friend to neighbors including Big Bird and Elmo on the show, Sharon, 60, tells us she’s being evicted from the Montclair, NJ, townhouse they shared after Roscoe stopped paying the rent and lights, heat and water were turned off. She’s sleeping on a couch at one of her kids’ places.

Sharon, who even took Roscoe’s name, argues she’s entitled to spousal support, and has filed a complaint against Roscoe in New Jersey Superior Court. She states they were “living together as husband and wife for almost 40 years,” and she was named as his wife on mortgages, deeds and tax filings.

Sharon’s lawyer Charles P. Cohen told us: “For more than 39 years, Sharon served as a homemaker and mother, dedicating her life to Roscoe and their four children. She has no savings or financial security, and has now been left homeless and financially destitute as Mr. Orman has left her for a younger woman, without providing any means of support.”

Roscoe’s talent rep declined to comment, saying, “I don’t want to get in the middle of this.” Lamarque’s rep didn’t respond.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/how_to_get_to_sexame_street_zq31GPcbAXwzqEX57UMs4M
According to this article, apparently this is relatively old news, but I first heard about this today, as apparently, INSIDE EDITION will be airing an interview with Sharon Orman tomorrow.

And, of course, the character of Gordon has to be dragged into this as well, much like how Elmo was in Kevin Clash's troubles back in November.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That article wasn't one sided at all. :rolleyes:

Why the shell do we need to hear about the private lives of these actors? Seems like some sort of "Let's take down the 40 something year old beloved kid's show" conspiracy.

I mean, is it that suspicious that we've heard these behind the behind the scenes not at all affecting their performances news ever since Romney's comment of slashing the PBS budget last year? Seems like some sort of smear campaign for forces that hate their hay penny going to PBS. Not to mention who owns the NY Post...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, that was the only article I could find on the web right now; as I said, I first heard about it on TV today, and again, tomorrow INSIDE EDITION we'll be having an interview with Sharon Orman, and even then, she's claiming Roscoe left her for a younger woman.

But truth be told, I never really thought about a connection with Romney wanting to kill PBS, and quite frankly, I don't really see much of a connection still, but I will say it does seem like a number of badly timed coincidences though. :smirk:

mr3urious

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't turn into a game of Telephone in which "much younger woman" would eventually be twisted into "little kid". :rolleyes:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The season's filmed already, so whatever.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They could get creamed by the competition that's out there, lose their audience, nobody would watch anymore, Sesame Workshop would be forced to end production, and that would be all she wrote.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
They could get creamed by the competition that's out there, lose their audience, nobody would watch anymore, Sesame Workshop would be forced to end production, and that would be all she wrote.
That would indeed be the likely scenario if this keeps up.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Even if Sesame were to get cancelled, they would just move on to direct-to-video stuff or make all their profits off merchandise. The franchise and the characters are too powerful to be taken down even by circumstances like this, even if the cast isn't as full-proof.

Vicki Fraggle

Reaction score
Oh the horror... The HORROR!! Seriously, what the actors and puppeteers do off stage is their own business. It could very well be a direct bash at PBS. Like "hey lets knock off their strongest show, that'll ruin them" I agree with Drtooth.