More Fun With Snoop Dogg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
No, it's the truth. The songs are still under copyright, and Henson didn't clear the rights for home video, only television.

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
That wasn't Snoop Dogg's song originally, frogboy...

It was actually "Atomic Dog" and it was by George Clinton originally. Snoop just sampled it for one of his songs...

As for the "Doggystyle" videos, I'll only say that they make biting the heads off of bats look G-rated by comparison.

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

What's worse, a bat with no head or a violated man and woman?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Re: That wasn't Snoop Dogg's song originally, frogboy...

Originally posted by manoftheSTREET
It was actually "Atomic Dog" and it was by George Clinton originally. Snoop just sampled it for one of his songs...

As for the "Doggystyle" videos, I'll only say that they make biting the heads off of bats look G-rated by comparison.

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

What's worse, a bat with no head or a violated man and woman?
Well...I think biting the head off a bat is that most of the time they were fake bats, and the only realy one he bit gave him some infection or something.....So, I take it you've seen these videos? '

While Biting the head off a bat is disgusting, Snoop Dogg is much, much worse :big_grin:

-Matt

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They were fake bats most of the time. LOL! My how our standard slip. Just kidding. I think Snoop is harmless and it was he who contacted Disney about use of his signature song - regargless of Clinton samples. Ewww. Clinton samples...sounds like something different. I'll quit while I'm ahead. :eek:

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
We have to remember that Muppets are going for a cross-culture appeal. Snoop Dogg, like it or not, *is* a well-known personality for urban youth. His presence will provide an immediate connection for some kids who may have no idea who the Muppets are. As long as he is fully clothed and suitably presented, I see nothing wrong with him being involved.
He might be able to introduce muppets to a whole group of people who have no idea who they are.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Yes! Your right, he's an untapped market! We could get crack-addicts into the Muppets! Hookers, Pimps, Gangsters, Convicted Felons, this could be the new Muppet era! What the heck was I thinking...we need the innercity into the Muppets.

-Matt

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Yes! Your right, he's an untapped market! We could get crack-addicts into the Muppets! Hookers, Pimps, Gangsters, Convicted Felons, this could be the new Muppet era! What the heck was I thinking...we need the innercity into the Muppets.

-Matt
Its the untapped urban youth market they are going for.

Jackie

Reaction score
Yeah!! but maybe, just maybe the Muppets can help the bad people see the light! :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Yes! Your right, he's an untapped market! We could get crack-addicts into the Muppets! Hookers, Pimps, Gangsters, Convicted Felons, this could be the new Muppet era! What the heck was I thinking...we need the innercity into the Muppets<<<

Wow, gotta love the suburban view of struggling urban America. *sheesh* Ok Ceta's World on BET isnt helping America's view of the Urban thang, but c'mon...the above is a pretty generalized silly stereotype that Congressmen were saying in 1994. (not about the Muppets, but about Hip Hop culture praying upon the innocent ears of picket fence anytown Norman RockwellUSA youth)

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
>>>Yes! Your right, he's an untapped market! We could get crack-addicts into the Muppets! Hookers, Pimps, Gangsters, Convicted Felons, this could be the new Muppet era! What the heck was I thinking...we need the innercity into the Muppets<<<

Wow, gotta love the suburban view of struggling urban America. *sheesh* Ok Ceta's World on BET isnt helping America's view of the Urban thang, but c'mon...the above is a pretty generalized silly stereotype that Congressmen were saying in 1994. (not about the Muppets, but about Hip Hop culture praying upon the innocent ears of picket fence anytown Norman RockwellUSA youth)
I agree with Cory's point.

Status
Not open for further replies.