1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

More Electric Company Memories

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by mikebennidict, Mar 28, 2006.

1. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

I fugure I'd start a new thread for just the show itself to talk more about the series. Anyone here remember a film called Sweet Sue at the Sweet Shop? This film's about some girl at an ice cream parlor or a sweet shop as it's called in the film. Can't remember all of the lyrics but starts out like. "I know a girl who looks like a Nic. Who like the flavor of ice cream. The middle part of the song were the lady sings never can say no Sweet Sue at the sweet shop, the kids while they're eating move their heads to the song which they can't actually hear since it was 1 of those films that was silent with the sound added later.
  2. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

I sure recall that one, can plainly hear how it sounded. I think this one was memorable and would be recalled by most original TEC viewers. It wasn't included in the recently released dvd set of TEC, though. "I like fish food", "Right on", and lots of other classic ones were, however.

Here's a lot of the lyrics with a few lines missing (including the opening line you referenced):

Oh, let's go. Sweet Sue at the sweet shop.

Never can say no. Sweet Sue at the sweet shop.

Watch her grow. Sweet Sue at the sweet shop.

She wants butterscotch ice cream. Chocolate, too.

Vanilla with a cherry on the top.

Strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, raspberry.

Any kind of berry that they've got.

Well, she bought a little shop, put a neon sign on top,

And now it is the sweet shop of sweet Sue.

The sweetest shop.
    ---------

Says good ol' Joe Raposo was the composer of this song, as well as the theme song of TEC itself. :)
  3. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

My fondest memories of The Electric Company (and there were a lot) were of Letterman. That animation was just so funky and fun, and really inspired my own artwork, then and now. In fact, when I was around five or six I made my own Letterman comic book. Man I wish I still had that. And the voice talent they got was unbelievable. Such a great segment...
  4. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Films didn't seem to be as common on TEC as with SS but there were a few. 1 was a film about a night at some amusment park which also featured some song which I can't remember how it went other than I think the song might of been sung by folk singer Tom Paxton. Sounded like he might of sung a another EC film on ice skating that went like take a ride and had words like glide stride etc.
  5. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

The Wiltons.

Anyone remember this skit which was apparently a priorty of The Waltons?
  6. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

1 piece of cake.

Skip Hinnant as Buster Boy want some chocolate cake and his mom says 1 piece of he wants more. Well he does take 1 piece but it's a rather big piece. He cut 1 piece but takes the whole cake!
  7. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

As I recall, he didn't take the WHOLE cake, but rather he took the REST of the cake.
  8. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Didn't make myself clear enogh. Thanks.
  9. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Rink-a-dink-dink.

Sort of based on the rub-a-dub-bub- Nersery Rhyme.
    Can't remember how it all went but it was something like. Rink-a-dink-dink. 3 men in a sink. The Butcher, The Baker, The something something (wasn't the candle stick maker in this case). blank blank blank. Pulled out the plug and I think the sink is going to sink.
    Mogan Freeman who I'm not sure who he was says to the guy played by Skip Hinnant,blank. You're a real fink! Which he replies, I know.
  10. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

I think I very vaguely remember that one. I don't recall what they used in place of candlestick maker.
    How about one skit where Morgan Freeman plays a contestant on a game show and Skip Hinnant is the host. Can't remember the name of the game show. Every time Morgan Freeman would say a word that rhymed with the main word he would win cash and prizes. I think the word was a secret word that they revealed to the audience but maybe they let Morgan know what the word was too (which would really make it easy to win a lot of things). In any case, it was pretty funny how Morgan happened to keep saying a word that rhymes in every single sentence and then wild fanfare would ensue and Skip Hinnant would shout the rhyming word in a real excited frenzy as lots of money fell down on the stage and prizes were awarded to Morgan. I think the main word he had to rhyme was something like heart, because at the end when he has a stage full of prizes and tons of cash that he won, he says to Skip, "I don't know how I'm going to carry all this stuff home. Do you think I could borrow a cart?" And then Skip says, "Cart! Cart!" and more fanfare sounds, and more money falls on Morgan. Funny how Morgan seemed to be getting stressed out in this skit. Wiining so much money and prizes that presents a challenge in getting it all home is a problem most people would like to have.
  11. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

TEC on Youtube.

Thought I'd mention if you go to youtube.com you'll find some old EC skits as well.
  12. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

Yes and one I enjoyed seeing recently was that one with Victor Borge reading the story that we talked about in the past. I had recalled him saying, "And that was the end of that. And this is the end of this." But I had forgotten about the part where he said, "So the dragon took that and that and that and that..." I also had forgotten a few of the humorous parts, like when he held the book upside down at first. That's what's so fun about experiencing these vintage 70's clips again: We get to enjoy seeing the fun things we remember and also get things we completely forgot about jarred back to our minds. A real treat.
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

All man, that was so cool!:) Caught the guy who got in the shot haha!
  14. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

15. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Oh, that was just so cool!:)
  16. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

Yeah. It brought back a lot of memories. I used to watch EC right after school.:)
  17. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

18. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, I used to watch that everyday after school, too!:)

All man, Xerus! That show is just to fun!
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I saw some funny as shell piece on Youtube about Spiderman fighting a Yeti that likes to sit on cold things. I don't know what's more hillariously rediculous. The Electric Company version, or Japan's pathetic attempt to turn Spiderman into a Power Ranger type show. Of course... Electric company was intentionally funny.

Plus, one more thing. morgan Freeman worked with Spiderman looooong before he worked with Batman!
  20. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member