Moore's Family Backstory

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, this is rather good stuff. I think you have Mother nailed. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you with Father's full-name, at the time I was away from MC for a while.

Oh, and I agree with everything that Christy said about Dog. Dog is one of the hardest characters to write because of the influence of Scooby-Doo. When I wrote his lines for Reunion Christy laughed at me because, seriously, they were so off Ted-speak. There was a time when Ted/Kevin was making a dictionary of Ted-speak, I don't know if he ever finished it?

I'm intrigued by this story and think it's progressing nicely.

Erine81981

Reaction score
That's fine Beau. That part where it says "Beau" it was spoused to be Christy saying your full name. Thanks I'll see what I can do with more of Ted speaking. Talk to ya'll later and I'll try my best to get the next chapter up soon.

RedDragon

Reaction score
Yeah, hurry up. I can't post mine til you're done. J/K take your time...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey... Where'd this great descript of Mairin Moore get posted? Haven't found it anywhere. Help me out... Please? Thanks-ish.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hey... Where'd this great descript of Mairin Moore get posted? Haven't found it anywhere. Help me out... Please? Thanks-ish.
Ed, it's on the latest page of the MopFam thread. Check it out. :smile:

Oh and Kyle, I loooove it! Great chapter! I thought you had Mother down pat! Oh, and more please! :wink:

RedDragon

Reaction score
No longer waiting paitently <pulls out nagging stick> *Whack, whack* Get to work boy! :smile:

christyb

Reaction score
*pokes Kyle with a nagging stick* Don't forget about this story. We're waiting to hear more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Eh... Can't you get one of those robots to post more? Please?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I promise as much as I can I'll try to do some more the next chapter tonight. I'll see about getting it posted tomorrow sometime.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Here you go. The next chapter. Hope ya'll enjoy it.

Chapter 3: The Beginning

The next morning Christy was up and in the kitchen cooking some breakfast. There were eggs, toast, bacon, hash browns and some oatmeal too. She just loved to cook for her family. Cooking to her was like telling them that she loved them.

“Breakfast is ready!” yelled Christy upstairs.

“Ok mom. Coming.”

“Ruff foruff rmeuff.” said Ted.

“I’m coming dear. Can you help me with this tie? I hate these things. Don’t know why I wear them.”

“It’s to make you look nice honey.” said Christy fixing his tie.

They all sat down and ate breakfast. Vic slid some food to Ted off his plate. Boy did Ted love it. Well after breakfast was done and all Bo went off to work.

“Bye dear. I don’t know what time I’ll be home but I’ll call or something.”

“Bye honey. You have a good day. Bye.” said Christy kissing him good bye. “Ok little man you have to stay in your room today. You disobeyed me. You went into the Moore’s backyard when you weren’t spouse to.”

“But you never told me that.” said Vic.

“I know but you should have known. Sorry honey. Now on to your room and don’t come out till I say you can.”

Vic just stood there on the front porch.

“Young man, I said go to your room.”

“Come on Ted. No one wants us around here.” said Vic climbing the stairs.

Ted growled at Christy. “Growl!”

“Don’t you even dare?”

Ted and Vic ran up the stairs to his room.

After a few hours past Christy went upstairs to check on Vic and Ted. When she got there Vic was asleep. Ted was at the end of the bed just waiting for Vic to wake up and play some more fetch. Christy coved Vic up and went on back down stairs. It was early in the evening Bo would be home soon. Just about that time Bo had pulled into the driveway.

“Hey there.” said Christy opening the door. “So how was work?”

“Fine. Harvey just couldn’t keep quite about the new secretary. Whoa! Have you seen our new secretary? He would ask. And I thought she might have been ugly or something. But man you should have seen…..” said Bo talking to Christy.

“Huh hmmmm…” said Christy clearing her throat.

“Sorry honey.” said Bo kissing his wife. “So what about your day?”

“Let’s see. I sent Vic to his room. I washed dishes, did some bank statements and cleaned house. Oh and did some laundry. And that’s about it. One other thing I was going to do is talk to you about our son on what he did yesterday.”

“What was it he did? What was it again?” said Bo sitting down.

“He went next door to the Moore’s house. Remember?”

“Uh Huh….” says Bo reading his newspaper.

“Are you even listening to me?” asked Christy.

“Uh Huh.”

“Well I never!” said Christy as she stomped out of the room.

“Did you say something dear?” asked Bo folding down his newspaper.

Christy wasn’t there. She had just disappeared. Like uh witch.

“Where did that woman go? I try and tell her something and she just vanished. Oh well."

Bo gets up and fixes him some tea. On the other hand, Vic had not been asleep. He had fooled his mom into thinking he was asleep. So he climbed out the window and slid down the pole that held up the antenna. Now was a chance to go spend sometime with his friend. A knock was heard from the Moore’s house.

“Who could that be?” asked Jenna as she opened the door. “Yes, can I help you?”

“Yes. I am Vic. I’m here to play with Kyle.”

“Vic who?”

“Oh sorry. Vic Moppet.”

“Oh you must be Christy and Bo’s son.”

“Who?”

“Your parents?” Asked Jenna.

“Who are you talking about?”

“Your mom and dad.”

“Oh yeah. Can I come in now?” asked Vic.

“Sure. Kyle your friend is here.”

Kyle came running down the stairs. “I didn’t know if you were coming. I’m so glad to see you.”

“Whoa!” said Vic with a surprised look.

“You house looks almost like mine. Just with a little miner detail.”

“Come on. I have something I’ve wanted to show you.” said Kyle.

“Ya’ll be careful now.” said Jenna.

“Yes mom. “

As Vic went to visit Kyle’s house Christy had finally gotten to where she was headed. The ABTO. The “Animal Being Tested On.” “Sir? Sir? Can I get some help here?”

A young man came up to the desk. He was dressed in a uniform. Looking like a police but without the badge. A button down shirt with some blue jeans.

“Sure I can help yea. What do you need?”

“Well….gosh he’s cute! Shut up! I’m married. Just be quite!” said Christy talking to her pirate self.

“Mama is everything alright?” asked the young man.

“Yes. Everything is fine. I’m here about some neighbors of mine. I and my husband went to visit them or greet them into our neighborhood with a cake I had made. They gave us a tour which I loved their house but when we were taken down into their basement me and my husband saw some of the hideous stuff. Animals were being tested on down there. Wires and tubes and machines and all sorts of stuff. I can’t even imagine
what they do to them poor animals. I just love animals and can’t stand to see them get hurt. Can you help me?” asked Christy with her hair all a mess.

“Sure thing mama. Just let us know where these neighbors are at?” asked the young man getting a pencil and pad.

“Ok.” said Christy.

So Christy started at the very beginning. She gave them every detail they need to catch these creeps. As that was happened Vic and Kyle were down in the basement playing with all of Kyle’s toys.

“So this is where your parents work.” said Vic.

“Yep. Aren’t all of these toys nifty?” asked Kyle.

“Boy is they. My parents don’t buy me much of anything. I seem to break all my stuff.”

Kyle laughs a bit. “I could picture your room right now. Broken toys everywhere.”

“So what is it your mom and dad do?” asked Vic.

“I really don’t know but I just love these toys. I don’t know why all these toys are down here other then in my room but I don’t care.” said Kyle putting together a wooden train set. “Choo-choo-choo….”

“I wished we had lots of money to buy me lots of toys.”

“I really don’t know how my parents get me all these toys. We really don’t have any money.”

Over at the Moppet’s house Bo was still looking for Christy. “Where could she have gotten off to? Maybe Vic knows something.”

Bo heads upstairs to Vic’s room to ask him if he knew where his mom had gone. “Hey Vic? Where did your mothe…” Bo stopped dead in his tracks. Vic wasn’t in his room at all. Expect for Ted.

“Now where had Vic gotten off to? Dog would you know?” asked Bo.

Ted just sat up wagging his tail and panting. “I don’t know why I asked you. Oh that boy is going to be in big trouble. VIC MOPPET!” yelled Bo.

Down in the basement/lab Vic thought he heard his dad calling him back home. “What?” asked Kyle.

“I thought I heard my dad calling me. Oh wel….”

Something caught Vic’s eye. Over in a corner of the basement there was a door but hidden. It was the same as the whole basement. But Vic could see some bright colored lights coming out from behind the door.

“What’s that over there?”

“What?”

“That.” said Vic pointing over at the door.

“Oh that. Nothing.”

“It has to be something. I can see bright colored lights.”

“My dad won’t let me go into there. So I stay away from it. Come on lets play some ball.”

“I don’t want to. I want to see what is behind that door game.” said Vic getting up and walking over to the door.

“We could get in big trouble. Haven’t you ever been in trouble before?”

“Yea but I don’t care. I seem to talk my way out of it. Come on Kyle. Let’s be explores.”

“Go right ahead. I’m not getting into trouble.”

What could be behind that door? A big bright colored TV? A colored monster? Stay tuned for the next chapter.