Moore's Family Backstory

Beauregard

Reaction score
THe storyline here is good Kyle. I'm looking forward to see what happens next! How they grow evil-er...not that eviler is a word...er...

And, yeah, it would be a good idea for other MopPFam writers to put MopFamFanFic in the title, but it's ok anyway.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Kyle... Just some friendly nagging, wondering if this story'll get updated soon.

christyb

Reaction score
Tis been long enough.....we're waiting my friend. Post more or beware the incessant nagging!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Here you go gang. Read it and wip.

Chapter two: The Beginning

Over at the Moppets, Christy couldn’t understand what they were doing with those poor animals. Them being hooked to machines and tubes coming from their backs, heads and other places. “They’re scientists dear. That’s just what they do for a living.” said Bo trying to clam down Christy. “But you know how much I love animals. They’re hurting them.” said Christy tearing up. “It’s ok honey. We just won’t ever invite them over.” said Bo hugging Christy.

A few years had past and everything was forgotten about the new neighbors. Nothing unusual had happened in the last years. It’s almost as if they didn’t even know about them being there. It was like they had vanished. Never talking to each other. Even when mail would show up on their doorstep without being put in the mailbox first. Until the day two little boys meet. They were both out in their backyard playing with whatever they could find.

Now there was a fence that separated both houses but there was a big hole that was in the middle of it. Both the Bo and Max had told their wife they would fix it but with us men we do it when we want to. The boy on the right side of the fence was Vic of the Moppet family. Oh yea and their dog Ted. Both the boy and the dog had a wonderful friendship. They did everything together. At the time they were playing fetch the ball. Kind of funny for both of them playing it. Vic would throw it. Ted would fetch.

Then Ted would throw it and Vic would fetch it. Kind of funny. “Go long Ted! This is going to be dozie.” “Rok Ric!” barked Ted. Vic threw the ball. “Ri got rit!” said Ted running after the ball. The ball then bounced over the fence. Ted wasn’t watching where he was going and slammed into the fence. He was to busy telling Vic he would catch the ball.

“Sorry Ted. I threw it to hard.”

“Ro Ruh.” said Ted pilling himself off the fence.

“Well since we have no other ball to play with. I’ll have to go get it. Give me a push Ted.”

“Rok.”

Ted started to help lift Vic over the fence ‘till he saw the hole. Dropping Vic he ran over to the hole.

“Oof!”

“Rook!”

“What is it Ted? said Vic picking himself off the ground.

“Role.”

“A hole. Hmmmm seems better then being dropped on the ground by you.”

Ted grumbles under his breath.

“This is one scary backyard.”

The grass hadn’t been mowed in years. It looked like a jungle to Vic. So he grabbed a stick and started swing like a boa knife.

“Ungard!” said voice.

“W-who’s t-there?” said Vic ready to swing or run.

“I’m the king of the jungle. Who are you?” asked the voice.

“I-I’m Vic. I’m lookin’ for my ball. Have you seen it?”

“Do you mean this ball?” said the voice coming out of hiding. “Hi. I’m Kyle. Glad to meet you Vic.” said Kyle holding out his hand. “Sorry if I startled you. My parents don’t let me out much.”

It’s like when they first saw each other they had something in common. They couldn’t understand but they just knew. Having meet they couldn’t stay away from each other. Now on the other hand, Christy and Bo didn’t know about the Moore’s kid. They had never mention him to them. After that commotion with them meeting each other they just never had talked to one another. Day started turning into night. Vic and Kyle had been playing and talking of all the things they liked and disliked. Christy had been worrying about this whole time.

“Where’s Vic?”

“I guess in the backyard playing with the dog. Where else would he be?”

“He could be anywhere. Don’t you ever worry?”

“I try not to. I’ve heard it makes your hair fall out. So I don’t worry.” said Bo watching TV.

Christy stomps off to the backyard. “Vic? Vic honey? It’s time for your bath.”

Ted who had been resting by the hole in the fence heard Christy voice.

“Ric? Come on. Rit’s time to go.” said Ted barking.

“I hear my mom calling me. I have to go. I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye!” said Vic running off.

“Yeah. I’ll see you tomorrow. See yea! Maybe you can come over sometime.” said Kyle waving to Vic.

“Ok. Bye.”

“Where had you been young man?” said Christy with that mean look in her eye.

“I was playing ball with Ted and my ball went over the fence. I had to go get it. I didn’t have another ball to play with.”

“You could of asked one of us to go get it for you. So then what?”

“I climbed through the hole in the fence…”

“The one Bo said he would fix since 1976. Go on”

“So I went to go find my ball. That’s when I meet this kid.”

“What kid?”

“The one over on the other side of the fence.”

Where Vic had pointed was the place that Bo and Christy had seen those poor defenses animals were hooked up. It was the Moores backyard. Had Vic really been over there? Christy was furious! She marched into the living room where Beau was reading his newspaper. Christy looks down at Beau. Beau looks up at Christy.

“What are you looking at?” asked Bo.

“Do you know where our son has been?”

“In the backyard?”

“Nope! In the Moore’s backyard. That’s where!

“What’s wrong with that? He’s a big boy now.”

“Beau

“Ohhhhh, she used my whole name.” said Bo groaning.

“How do we know if this kid might even be a kid? What if it was part animal part human? Vic could have been eaten by some beastly human animal. How would you have felt about that?” asked Christy with her arms folded.

“I’m really sorry dear And I don’t think that they would make a child half animal. I just think you baby him to much. I hope to say that was never have another baby in our life time.” said Bo.

“What? What does this have to do with Vic being in the Moores backyard?”

“I’m just saying. It’s getting late and Vic still hasn’t had his….”

The water had been run and Vic had already went upstairs when Bo and Christy were fighting. He was tucked away in his pajamas fast asleep. Ted was on the foot of the bed fast asleep too. He was tired form the day he had. Christy and Bo went upstairs to check on Vic.

“Why lookie there. He’s already in bed.”

“We taught our son well. Expect for playing fetch with the dog. What is it that he loves about fetching that ball. There’s dog slobber and all sorts of stuff that..it’s like there’s someth….”

“Shhhhhh...we don’t want to wake him honey. Good Night my little Vickie.” said Christy kissing him on his forehead. “Good night to you too Ted. Keep Vic safe.

Ted looking at Christy as she pats him on his head as he pants.

“Good night my tough viking. You go slash those dragons.” said Bo patting Vic’s head. “You too Ted. Good night.”

As Christy and Bo left the room Vic’s eye opened and winked at Ted. He was ready for the next day. Especially getting to play with his new friend Kyle.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good chapter. You explained how Vic and Kyle met quite well. Few verbs that need to match the action, but I've come to hexpect that from a few forum users through my almost four years here and on other boards.

One thing though... You've got Ted sounding/speaking more like Scooby-Doo, and normally that'd be OK... Except that Ted speech is more laced with "arf's" kind of muddled into whatever word he's trying to say. Have yourself a looksee through the earlier pages of the first MopFam thread and you'll see what I mean.

Other than that, good job and I'm awaiting the next piece.

christyb

Reaction score
First off, great chapter and you nailed the family side of Mother perfectly. I have to agree on how you have Ted speaking. Although....Astro off the Jetson's came more to my mind. :smile: Anyways, when I was writing The Reunion in the beginning I went to Fish'n'Wolfe and cried "help!" Here's what he told me, "Everything is basically a mixture of your basic arf, woof, and bark. Lace the words with those and you're good." Although.....it's not easy I'll admit that. Seems to me he's the only one who can get it exactly right. Great job! I can't wait for the next chapter.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Sis... Stuck in the Invisible "Offline" Mode? Guess you don't want those **** dirty APES finding you.

Anyway, I said Scooby cause that's who Kyle's dressed up for Halloween two years running at the dorms, and we have a few good memories of him in that costume from the tubs threads.
Oh well... Hope the MopFam thread picks up, been quiet there lately.

christyb

Reaction score
LoL I turned it on while I was studying for finals...and never turned it off. Guess I need to go turn the thing off. I forgot about it. Well the thread's kinda dead b/c I think this is the week Beau, Vibs, Harvey, and Minidoozer are having their big vacation together. That's a good chunk of our players right there.

RedDragon

Reaction score
Hmmm, that wasn't hard to catch up with...so when's the next chap. coming?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'll have it up soon. I'm still working on it. Thanks for the all the compliments.