Monster Pattern

Nick

Reaction score
Hey all you gurus and wizards!

Is there a pattern available for a monster ie; Oscar, Trekkie, Cookie?
(Now clear that thought out of your mind... I don't want to make one of those... just something along those lines... basic shape, is what I meant.)

I want a fun project this weekend, and I bought 3 yards of flocati fur, and some really cool items to dress it up. I tried a forum search, and found someone with a similar question... but it was never really answered, and the one pattern that was offered (it was free, which is cool) is basically a one piece construction.

I don't have any foam carving skills..yet :smile:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Nick

SesameKermie

Reaction score
That's pretty wide open. For any puppet character, it's good to have a sketch/idea of what you want to do. Why do you feel that a one piece construction wouldn't work? I'm not sure about Cookie or Oscar, but Trekkie is built in a 'one piece' style.

If you have your heart set on a multi-piece construction, try the Consumer Monster Pattern. It's another free one, I think the link has been mentioned on here a few times.

Hope i helped,

Jason

Nick

Reaction score
Yes, you did... Wow, I thought all puppets were of the separate head type of ideal.... I just did not like the seam down the middle of the one piece. I need to do a search for that pattern now :smile:

Thanks

wes

Reaction score
I don't know who are what rufus is but I got this from Phantom, at Puppetminister.com I think this is what your looking for.

Rufus Body shape

Sad Sad Monster

Reaction score
I am finding alot of Really good links scattered all around, I am going to start collecting them and build a page, anyone want to add to the few that have been posted here?

*EDIT*
I made a del.icio.us to keep track of all the links I find. I hope this ends up helping people in the future.