Molly Shannon Leashing Good Boy Role for MGM/Henson

Thog

Reaction score
Molly Shannon Leashing Good Boy Role for MGM/Henson

The Hollywood Reporter reveals that the former SNL star (Osmosis Jones) is in negotiations to star in the MGM/ Jim Henson Pictures family comedy Good Boy. Production begins August 26 in Vancouver. The project--a mix of live-action and CGI animation--will be directed by John Hoffman, who also penned the screenplay from original material by Zeke Richardson. The story follows the adventures of an alien dog coming to Earth to investigate reports that fellow canines have abandoned their plan to take over the planet. While on Earth, he becomes the pet and later, the good friend of a young boy.

petrieboy

Reaction score
Speaking of Molly Shannon...

Aside from "Good Boy," Molly Shannon would make a nice guest role in a Muppet movie. In terms of the new Muppet show and future Muppet films, who would you like to see act and sing with them?

I'd choose actors: Robert Deniro, Roberto Benigni, Paul Reubens, Roseanne, Johnny Depp, Isabelle Sanford and Sherman Helmsley (the Jeffersons), Rowan Atkinson, Jennifer Connelly, Tom Cruise, Oprah Winfrey, Shirley Maclaine, Robin Williams, Bill Murray

I'd choose singers: Belinda Carlisle, Westlife, Celine Dion, Amy Grant, Bruce Springsteen, Enrique Iglesias, Madonna, Robbie Williams, Billy Joel, Cher

And a very special vote for: Roger Ebert and Tammy Faye

Kermie Lover

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I could never see Oprah Winfrey getting silly with the Muppets, it just doesn't seem like something she'd do. Anyways, I was just thinking about Ted Danson the other day and was wishing that he'd work with the Muppets again. Does anyone remember the episode of Jim Henson's Muppet Hour that he guest-starred on? It was the one where all the Muppets sang "Koko Mo", I think he was in that number too. It was so cute! Does anyone ever talk about JHMH at this forum? Getting back to the subject of "Good Boy!", isn't it about time that we saw a 'good girl' in a Henson film? I think the last time there was an important female co-star in a major Henson film was in "The Muppets Take Manhattan", with Cindy, Pete's daughter at that restaraunt, "Cindy" was her name, wasn't it?:confused: