Mock Swedish

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good book or anything on how to learn mock swedish? lol

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sure., May I recomend "Bork, bork, de soonds" by Kerflung Betra.

Or if you fail to fid that in your book store. "Loong de vowle soonds," by Gramma Rools.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
It is fery foon, it inebles unyune-a tu speek perffect muck-Svedeesh.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
That's hysterical! Not only can I perfect my mock swedish, I can now speak fluent redneck, moron and Elmer Fudd!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'd suggest just watching the Muppet show and Mock the Mock-Swedish speaking Swedish Chef.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
According to Brian Henson (par one of his TMS intros), Jim actually had a tape of mock Swedish that he used to help him develope the Swedish Chef's dialogue. He used to play it in the car when he and Brian were driving around, apparently. I'd love to hear what that tape sounded like, hehe.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
According to Brian Henson (par one of his TMS intros), Jim actually had a tape of mock Swedish that he used to help him develope the Swedish Chef's dialogue. He used to play it in the car when he and Brian were driving around, apparently. I'd love to hear what that tape sounded like, hehe.
Oh I would have been laughing my head off listening to Jim practicing the Mock Swedish in the car! :big_grin:
(On a personal note, a guy from Online & I really liked each other. So he said his dad came over from Sweden a few years ago. I felt kinda guilty laughing at the Swedish Chef until the guy told me that his dad thought the Swedish Chef was funny! :big_grin: )

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm Norwegian and every Christmas, we do the stupidest tradition of dancing around the tree, holding hands and singing this song in Norwegian first, then English then Norwegian again. It has motions and clapping and bowing it's just ri-gosh-darn-diculous. So I started singing the Norwegian part (of which I still don't know) in mock Swedish as the Swedish Chef. I got in a lot of trouble with my family, but at least I don't have to sing any more :smile:

It's not Swedish, but if you visit www.freetranslation.com, you can type something in english and have it translated to several different languages, including Norwegian. Muppet Sentral er mitt yndlingssted besøke hele dagen!