Moby Dick

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I turned in, and never slept better in my life.

~~~~~~~~

And thus we end Chapter III. Guys, I can't thank you enough for this opportunity to go through Moby Dick and re-read that novel with you, and I'm sorry that it's gotta come to a close now. It's been fun, but I really should stop now...

What, permanently? Heavens, no! Just for tonight! MOBY DICK RETURNS TOMORROW!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Continue!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
CHAPTER IV.
The Counterpane.

Upon waking next morning about daylight, I found Queequeg's arm thrown over me in the most loving and affectionate manner.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
The counterpane was of patchwork, full of odd little particoloured squares and triangles; and this arm of his tattooed all over with an interminable Cretan labyrinth* of a figure, no two parts of which were of one precise shade -- owing I suppose to his keeping his arm at sea unmethodically in sun and shade, his shirt-sleeves irregularly rolled up at various times -- this same arm of his, I say, looked for all the world like a strip of that same patchwork quilt.

*In Greek myth, a complex structure built by Daedalus for King Minos to house the monster Minotaur.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Indeed, partly from lying on it as the arm did when I first awoke, I could hardly tell it from the quilt, they so blended their hues together; and it was only by the sense of weight and pressure that I could tell that Queequeg was hugging me.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
When I was a child, I well remember a somewhat similar circumstance that befell me; whether it was a reality or a dream, I never could entirely settle.