Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood

GeminiinimeG

Reaction score
Who here didn't grow up on Mister Rogers? I was checking out anchorbayentertainment.com/misterrogers/1 & was wondering what's the word on the new DVD that previously hit stores? I guess you're never too old for Mister Rogers. Recommend it?

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
They have some Games and sing alongs and storie but are targeting Kids

but i did see some with a Trolley and/or Speedy Delivery Car

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
There are two releases that I know of, but since my daughter never really got into him I don't think I'll be purchasing them. I do have fond memories of watching him when I was a child, though. I think I was always impressed to learn that he performed ALL of those puppets in the Land of Make-Believe! That was definitely inspiring.

GeminiinimeG

Reaction score
The show was definitely up there with some of the best. Who knows what these other shows have been teaching kids?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
anyone remember years ago when his family appeared on the show? 1 episode his oldest son james stopped by as Mr. McFeely came back to retrive his forgot and his son who was late getting out of school walked in and they were doing something with Marbles. his wife Joanne came in at the end of 1 episode and another where the whole family comes in and a family picture is taken along with viewing the TV home.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Wow! Do you mean that the series is in DVD?
Not the whole series - just a few select episodes have been chosen for DVD release so far. But I'd love to see some of his earlier (pre 1975) episodes on DVD!

A few video tape collectors like me have got a handful of early episodes through trades. The picture quality can often be poor, but a few episodes look reasonable. If anybody has early Mister Rogers episodes on video that they'd like to trade, please contact me! There are other traders out there & it's possible they may have some episodes that you don't have.

==================================================

Enjoy my blog about the Mr. Rogers/Courteney Cox Arquette link (no kidding, there really is one):

http://heroshaven.blogspot.com/2007/01/fred-and-courteney.html

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I hope that they do put the show on DVD at some point.