Missing Pirates?

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
I am back, yes!

Anyways...On Muppet Wikia, it says in Muppet Treasure Island, that both Droop and Uncle Deadly appear... I haven't seen them, and I re-watched the movie three times. I know Bean and Robbin are part of the members who leave the inn, as is Pops. But I didn't see Droop or Uncle Deadly. Also, the spider from Muppet Christmas Carol was one of the many who tried to raid the Inn looking for Billy Bones, but isn't listed as one of the many muppets...

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Deadly plays Blind Pew. I've seen Droop but can't think where--as a tavern customer, perhaps? Or as someone in town?

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Blind Pew and Uncle Deadly aren't the same. For one, Uncle Deadly has light blue hands with scales, and Blind Pew has warts. There faces are totally different, and Blind Pew is abit bigger.Uncle Deadly was more a puppet who's hand can easily move, Blind Pew's mouth on the other hand, was way to big. I'm Uncle Deadly's loyal fan, so I notice these things. And also, they are both different colors, Deadly being light blue, and Pew being purple I think? They are both preformed by Jerry though...

Also, the skull who was singing off key in the Shiver My Timbers number, played by Jerry, of course, was a slightly faded Yorick[MuppetShow].

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I should have been more specific in my answer. What I probably should have said is that, if someone sees Uncle Deadly in Muppet Treasure Island, then they are probably mistaking the similar muppet Blind Pew for Uncle Deadly. I'll look for Droop....or someone like him! I definitely saw him in Muppet Christmas Carol.

P

Philip Kippel

Droop appears briefly in the background as Gonzo, Rizzo and Jim Hawkins are walking to the dock for the first time...the same scene where we see Whinny the Bird.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Huh. I never noticed Droop in the movie before. I thought somebody might have mistaken Fluberte for Droop.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Ooh! Very helpful! They aren't actually much alike, are they?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Not a whole lot, but similar! I don't recall ever seeing either of the two mentioned in the whole movie at all. Come to think of it, I did meet Blind Pew in person at MuppetFest. I think that was him.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I am not a puppet maker, but I've sew a great deal. This is a good example, to me, of how the same idea, differently executed, can make a lot of difference. When I used to sew for ladies, there might be several patterns that all had the same silhouette, but the underlying construction made SUCH a difference in how the dress ultimately looked.

Blind Pew was obviously drawn from the same sort of monster stock as Uncle Deadly, but the execution made him into something very different. And yet, the "silhouette" of the muppet--the impression the muppet made, was similar. Kudos to the expertise of the designers!