Missing Muppets: The Ones You Miss

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I wonder why Bean never stuck around, one could argue that Steve had to much responsibility when he took over Kermit but Eric took over Miss Piggy, Fozzie and Animal. Was Bean just too cute to continue alongside the Muppets? it's a shame they didn't use him more during MT, I know Bean was never a big player but I'm surprised he didn't reach the ranks of Lew Zealand, Link Hogthrob and Crazy Harry.

If I'm correct his last speaking role was MCC?
I just can not see Bean as a very popular muppet, I think if they did bring him back it should only be for physical comedy, because he really represents the cute side of the muppets, and that never is a good thing when Jim Henson never really wanted it that way, maybe he belongs on SS.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder why Bean never stuck around, one could argue that Steve had to much responsibility when he took over Kermit but Eric took over Miss Piggy, Fozzie and Animal. Was Bean just too cute to continue alongside the Muppets?
Jim Lewis once said that the running gag of him being hired just to be cute wasn't exactly a strong enough running gag to last too long. And Frank Oz once said that he was created to get people to stop thinking of the Muppets as cute, but people continued to view Muppets as cute.

Mr Sweetums said:
If I'm correct his last speaking role was MCC?
His last speaking role was in the video game Muppet Party Cruise. Additionally, Bean has spoken in an episode of Muppets Tonight, in Muppet Race Mania, and I think he had dialogue at Muppetfest.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Lewis Kazagger made a reappearance in 1992 when the Muppets were doing weekly guest spots on Good Morning America in Olympics themed sketches.

Fiama and/or Sal are on my list and as heartbreaking as it is for me to say it because i LOVE Brian as a performer (and the Henson/Baretta chemistry), it may be the time to recast Sal. I also want to see Fleet Scribbler again. I know he was fazed out shortly after he was created but (a) he was always laugh out loud funny in each of his appearances and (b) with today's celebrity gossip culture, now's a perfect time for him where he may have been a tad ahead of his time in 1977.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
Thanks for the info everybody, Bean Bunny on MT that sounds interesting, it'll be fun to watch out for him next time I have an MT marathon which now I think is going to be pretty soon :wink: I really enjoyed Bean in MCC but I think MFS used him correctly, Bean is simply the cute Bunny that gets slammed behind the door although my favourite Bean Bunny moment has to be in MCC.

I was never really a big fan of Fleet Scribbler but dwmckim makes a very good point and I must say I fully agree with this. I could actually see Fleet Scribbler being a rival to Walter. Walter goes fan crazy over the celebs on TMS whilst all Fleet Scribbler cares about is exposing their dirty secrets which in turn angers Walter.

Anyone want to join my bring back Fleet Scribbler and help Bean Bunny move to Sesame Street Campaign?:fanatic: :laugh:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Thanks for the info everybody, Bean Bunny on MT that sounds interesting, it'll be fun to watch out for him next time I have an MT marathon which now I think is going to be pretty soon :wink: I really enjoyed Bean in MCC but I think MFS used him correctly, Bean is simply the cute Bunny that gets slammed behind the door although my favourite Bean Bunny moment has to be in MCC.

I was never really a big fan of Fleet Scribbler but dwmckim makes a very good point and I must say I fully agree with this. I could actually see Fleet Scribbler being a rival to Walter. Walter goes fan crazy over the celebs on TMS whilst all Fleet Scribbler cares about is exposing their dirty secrets which in turn angers Walter.

Anyone want to join my bring back Fleet Scribbler and help Bean Bunny move to Sesame Street Campaign?:fanatic: :laugh:
Actually, I am pretty sure that Bean Bunny only appeared in one episode of MT which was Episode 106: Tony Benett and it was a very quick cameo, though at least he got some lines out in the process.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wouldn't Walter be more crazy about being around all the Muppets than being around the celebrities?

Actually, I am pretty sure that Bean Bunny only appeared in one episode of MT which was Episode 106: Tony Benett and it was a very quick cameo, though at least he got some lines out in the process.
Actually, his line was in episode 110 with Martin Short. He also made a few non-speaking background appearances. I think he was even attacked by Heather Locklear.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I really miss Hilda
I never thought Hilda was the greatest character, but I do feel sorry for her. Did they really have to wipe her off the face of the earth just because her performer left? Besides two background cameos she was wiped out for good, they could not have at least used her for cameos here and then? It seems strange that one of the secondary characters would be wiped out just because of a performer's departure.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yes, I know Beauregard now fills the role of janitor, but I'd still like to see George show up again somewhere. I always found him to be pretty funny in the first season of The Muppet Show. Didn't he and Mildred Huxtetter have a thing going? I got so excited just seeing Mildred in the background in "Muppets Most Wanted"- maybe George could show up as her boyfriend or maybe husband at this point?
I also wouldn't mind seeing Bean Bunny return, along with more of The Jim Henson Hour characters like Digit, Leon and Vicki particularly- Clifford too, for that matter. And some of the Muppets Tonight cast like Johnny Fiama, Sal Manilla, Seymour and Bill the Bubble Guy.
And definitely any of the Muppet monsters that haven't been seen in a while- I love seeing those guys. :smile:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I know the chances of getting him back are slim, but I miss Clifford.