Miss Piggy in the 2005 Dove Commercial: Thoughts on it.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I know there probably is a thread...somewhere on it. But I was watching it on YouTube and I realized something.

They must've made a new head for Miss Piggy for the commerical. Because in the commercial she looks like normal, purple eyeshadow, thick black eyelashes, rouge on the cheeks, heavily curled hair. Wearing her traditional silk gloves, diamond necklace, and beautiful party dress. Then they show her with just a simple white t-shirt on, sunglasses on her head, straight hair, and no makeup whatsoever!

This is probably the only time I've ever seen her without her traditional makeup. She had flesh colored eyelids, no rouge, and furthermore...pale brown eyelashes!

It's probably not worth making a thread over, but I just figured throw it out there, for thoughts and comments.

View video here: Miss Piggy's Dove Commerical

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Never saw that before, I'm almost tempted to think it's a well done fan made vid... when did this come out? Is this new?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Layla saw it on TV a few times...definatly not a fan made thing. But it does seem rather poor...especially the green-screen/cut-out element on Piggy.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Its definately real....shes only on for like 3 seconds though...come on Dove give her her own commercial! :smile: please?

Marky

Reaction score
It's probably not that new since it's called th3 2005 Dove commercial.
Maybe it played during MWoO? I missed it on TV, so I wouldn't know.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I don't watch TV so I haven't seen it...but you think if Dove was going to go to the trouble to get Miss Piggy they would use her a bit more?! Maybe we'll get another installment?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I think I saw that commercial about a zillion-ka-gillion times when it was still running.

Okay, okay, not that many times, probably more like a yillion-ka-gillion -and-999,999,999,999,999,999 times, but who's counting?

Anyway, I loved that commercial!! Wierd that I never noticed that her eyelids were flesh-colored after the transformation. I knew they were lighter, but you can really tell when you're looking for it.

I might even still have that saved on my DVR! Hoping to get a DVD recorder for Christmas to put all these Muppety commercials on.

Great thread ReneeLouvier!
:smile:
Anthony

King Prawn

Reaction score
Don't really think this deserves a thread of its own, so I'll put it here, I was looking at the Miss Piggy Pizza Hut commercial, which I came across whilst watching the Dove commercial.

I know there no way she's saying that at the end but if you watch the clip it kind of sounds like Miss Piggy is saying Bi-ch at the end. I know it can't be but it just sounds so clear to me though some strange noise does come just before it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJjP21-PoOQ&mode=related&search=
:mad:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
It sounds like the clip's audio doubles back as a recording glitch to when she says "wish" and with the "pop" it might sound like b****.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm not so sure...there seems to be a definate t in there...slouds a LOT like a female dog to me...