Miss Muffet skit narrated by Gina

wiley207

Reaction score
Hey, I remember a skit from "Sesame Street" back when I was little. It was a take on "Little Miss Muffet," but it wasn't that one with the Fat Blue muppet messing up his costumes and Miss Muffet sounding like Miss Piggy, or even the News Flash skit with the waterbed. Here is what I remember...

Gina opens up a book and begins to narrate the story. It stars Miss Muffet and a young spider (who has a squeaky voice). They both appeared to be made out of lavender Anything Muppets. Whenever the spider would show up, Miss Muffet would scream loudly and run away (with her footsteps padding wildly). Then she tried to eat at other places, (the only one I remember being at a table, and then she knocked down something when she saw the spider), and at the end, back at the tuffet, Miss Muffet and the spider make up and become friends.

Can anyone help me on this?

wiley207

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
That's not the one I meant, but it is sort of close. It IS humorous, though. They reveal the magic of an Anything Muppet there. But I don't understand how the spider in it near the end could scare people. Is it the beady eyes? The big hairy legs? The fact that it's BLUE? In my opinion, I think it looks kinda cute!

superboober

Reaction score
Another Miss Muffet bit I can recall was one where Oscar was telling his Grouchkateers fractured versions of the familiar tales (in this case, "Little Miss Muffet sat on an elephant..."), and Gordon had to correct them to their proper versions.

ssetta

Reaction score
I actually remember this one, too. I haven't seen it in ages, but I remember seeing it in episode 3014 from Season 24 (1992). But I think it might have been from an earlier season, because of Gina's look (she looked more like a teenager in this sketch).

wiley207

Reaction score
Another thread bump! I found the sketch in Spanish, on an episode of "Barrio Sesamo." It's at 12:04 - 14:28...

I also learned according to Muppet Wiki it's referred to as Little Miss Muffet: "The Continuing Story," and that Kathy Mullen performed Little Miss Muffet while Camille Bonora was the spider. I also recall Miss Muffet had a rather loud piercing scream. The part I seem to remember the most was at the restaurant (I think it was a restaurant) where among seeing the spider, Miss Muffet screams and falls out of her chair! She gets up, and screams again and runs off, and that's when Gina gets into the story to give Miss Muffet some advice.
And yes, it's earliest appearance was Episode 3014, but judging by how Gina looked in Muppet Wiki's screencap, it could've been from 1990 or 1991 (I think I recall seeing it as early as 1991 when I was little.)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I don't think I ever recall seeing it during the 90's. I wonder how often it aired on the show....

wiley207

Reaction score
I finally found the sketch in English, and uploaded it as its' own segment on my YouTube channel!
It's a little funny seeing it today, and seeing how different it is from how I remembered seeing it as a little kid, but then again, that's what often happens when you grow up...