Minor Muppetz' TMS Outline: George Carlin

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This outline is from season 5, and features the first guest host of Saturday Night Live, George Carlin.

Cold Opening/ Lobby
Pops asks george Carlin who he is, george tells him who he is, and then Pops asks for his autograph, which makes george ask, "I thought you didn't know who I was".

Introduction
Kermit announces that George Carlin is the guest star, but first, he has to introduce Dr. teeth and The Electric Mayhem.

Opening Number: I'm So Glad You Came Into My Life
Dr. Teeth leads the band in this song. instea dof the usual set up, Dr. Teeth plays the keyboards in front of Animal's drum set (instead of to the left of Animal). Floyd plays on Dr. Teeth's left, Janice plays on Dr. teeth's right, Zoot plays on animal's left, and Lips plays on Animals right.

Backstage
Fozzie and Beauregard are excited about singing a song together, but they can't agree on what song to sing: Fozzie wants to sing "Witch Doctor", and Beauregard wants to sing "When I See an Elephant Fly".

Introduction
Kermit introduces George Carlin, who will be performing "The seven Words You Can't Say on TV or Radio".

Seven Things You Can't Say on TV or Radio
George is about to do his act when Sam the eagle comes on-stage to stop him from doing such a fowl sketch. Statler and waldorf heckle Sam for doing their job.

Backstage
Fozzie and beauregard agree to flip a coin to settle what song they sing. Fozzie get's heads and beauregard get's tails. The coin lands on it's side.

Pigs in Space
George Carlin plays a mchanic (wearing a pigs nose) who installs a new vending machien in the swinetrek. Link orders a candy bar, Miss Piggy order's a hamburger, and Dr. Strangepork order's an ice cream cone, but instead, link get's a dynamite stick, piggy get's a bomb, and Dr. Strangepork get's a bomb on a cone, all of which explode. Then the vending machine explodes. the announcer explodes halfway through closing the sketch ("tune in next week for Pigs In-- (boom!)")

UK Spot: Give a Little Whistle
Annie Sue sings to Luncheon Counter Monster, who has trouble whistling. Eventually, Luncheon Counter Monster get's so jealous of Annie Sue being a better whistler that he chases her off stage.

The Swedish Chef
The Swedish Chef makes an ice cream sundae, bu getting a small bowl, putting on a few scoops of ice cream, some bananas, some chocolate syrup, and a cherry. Just when it looks like nothing will go wrong, the sundae explodes.

Balcony
Statler: I wonder how many more random explosions will occur on tonights show.
Crazy Harry: (popping up) heh heh heh, did somebody say "explosions"?
Statler and Waldorf: No!
Crazy Harry: Well, if you say so. (leaves)
Waldorf: Hey, he's finally listening. (Waldorf's chair explodes)

Introduction
Miss Piggy introduces Kermit and Robin.

Dance Number
Kermit and Robin dance in full-body form in front of a black background. They also hop over each other.

Backstage
Fozzie and Beauregard still haven't decided on what song to sing, so they let Scooter choose for them. Scooter chooses "Tea For Two".

Introduction
Kermit introduces Fozzie and Bo.

Song: Tea For Two
Fozzie and Beauregard sing in front of the backdrop used for fozzie's monologues. The swedish chef serves them tea, but the tea burns their mouths.

Balcony
Statler: Well, who do you think is worse, that dumb bear or that pottymouth guest star?
Waldorf: Which one is the one in the plaid shirt?

Introduction
kermit introduces George Carlin, who has promised to sing a clean song.

Closing Number: as I was walking down th street one day
George sings in a street setting. The Mutations walk with him, and the number intercuts between shots of George and the Mutations on-stage and the orhcestra performing.

Good Night
Kermit and george carlin are joined by Fozzie, beauregard, Dr. teeth, Rizzo, and Pops.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
That was good, but it seems to me that maybe MT wmight have been a better venue for Carlin. Just a suggestion though.

Some questions:

Is there any particular reason the EM was in a different posision for the oppening number?
Is the oppening number the one by Three Dog Night?
Is the closing number the one by Chicago?

You do a great job on these outlines! I would personally like to see another MT or JHH one, but it's up to you.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
That was good, but it seems to me that maybe MT wmight have been a better venue for Carlin. Just a suggestion though.

Some questions:

Is there any particular reason the EM was in a different posision for the oppening number?

You do a great job on these outlines! I would personally like to see another MT or JHH one, but it's up to you.
The closing number isn't by Chicago. It's older than Chicago.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
It's just how I pictured it in my head. I was picturing this as an actual number, and I pictured Dr. Teeth playing keyboards in front of Animals drums. The positioning of the other members was just a random decision.

Fragglemuppet said:
I don't know who wrote or performed those songs. I've just heard them on the radio.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I loved the scene with Statler, Waldorf and Crazy Harry