Minnesota Children's Museum exhibit

jeremyactor

Reaction score
I was riding the bus through Minneapolis today and saw that the Minnesota Children's Museum (in St. Paul I believe) has a Sesame Street exhibit through January. Inside is:

Jump into the world of Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch, Elmo, Cookie Monster and all your favorite lovable characters from the popular children’s television show. Visitors can experience the Sesame Street set from the famous brownstone steps of 123 Sesame Street. Children and adults can get an up-close look at Big Bird, play chess and checkers in the park, and visit the Counting Tree and count animals. They can climb into a full-size re-creation of Big Bird’s nest and curl up with a good book. Children can even go on camera with their favorite Sesame Street characters — using chroma-key technology, they can learn their numbers with The Count, sing the alphabet with Elmo or speak in Spanish with Rosita. And, of course, visitors can hear the show’s greatest hits, including "The People in Your Neighborhood," "Rubber Duckie" and "C is for Cookie."

For more information, go here: http://www.mcm.org

The sesame exhibit site is here: http://www.mcm.org/travel6.htm

Check it out! I think I will!
Jeremy

ssetta

Reaction score
I remember that from when it was here at the Children's Museum in Boston! I loved it! You even got to see some of the show's greatest moments.

Rugby

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any other muppets there besides Big Bird? I just went to the Vision of Jim Henson exhibit last January and loved it. I'd love to take my kids to the Sesame exhibit too, but am wondering what all there is to do there with actual muppets. Anybody know? Thanks.

jeremyactor

Reaction score
It doesn't sound like there's any real muppets there- I missed the visions of Jim Henson exhibit when it was in Milwaukee, and I just moved up here for school- so I wasn't up here when it was here. SIGH. I really wanted to see that, too.

Maybe I'll get to check it out soon - if and when I go, I'll write out a report for you.

Jeremy

crazy ernie

Reaction score
I saw the vision of jim henson exhibit when it was there. My mom took pictures of everything there except pinochio.
I just asked my mom about seeing the sesame exhibit but she sad no. So i am going to ask my dad later this afternoon.

Treelo

Reaction score
Sesame Exhibit

The Sesame characters feautured in the exhibit are Bert, Ernie, Rosita, Elmo, Zoe and Big Bird.

ssetta

Reaction score
I am just wondering, why would your mom say no?

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Re: Sesame Exhibit

Originally posted by Treelo
The Sesame characters feautured in the exhibit are Bert, Ernie, Rosita, Elmo, Zoe and Big Bird.
What do yuo mean featured? Are the puppets really there on display, or do they have people walking around in costumes, or just dolls of them like mannequins?

I don't understand why your mom would say no either, unless she's anti-Muppet. And honestly, who's anti Muppet?

Jeremy

crazy ernie

Reaction score
I think my mom would be too busy to take me I guess. She maintains the computers at John Deere.
It might be likely that dad would take me because me,him,and my older sister go to the twin cities annually.

jeremyactor

Reaction score
I go to the Twin Cities Daily (I live here :stick_out_tongue: )

It's here until Mid-January, so you've got a while - I'm sure you'll get to go eventually.

Jeremy